• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

job in U.S.A

pegah

Registered Users (C)
hi,

is there any fashion designer or somebody who works in clothing industry among you? i want to know more reality about this job in U.S.

good luck,

pegah jaan: I think you need to be a bit more specific about your question. If you want to see how the job market looks like and whether jobs are available in the geographical area of your interest you may look at websites like monster.com or craigslist.com. I am an engineer and do not know much about fashion but I guess cities like New York and Los Angeles are heaven for the cloth designers. The art, music and fashion industry are extremely competitive in US but if you can make it to the top tier you will probably make much more money than a good engineer! You need to prepare a professional resume (you may look at the resume section at monster.com) as well as a portfolio in electronic format (CD, DVD or a personal webiste) to show off your previous work. I wish you the best of luck and hope to see Pegah brand in top New York boutiques in future.

hi Mr.Masoud,

thanks for your reply. I wish you to be best in your career too. I am a dress designer. I am a successful designer in my country. but i am not sure whether i can find a good job in U.S. without acceptable work experience there. So i wanted to know whether is there sombody among dv-winners with a situation like me ?

good luck, pegah

Hi Pegah,

You know here is United States. Unlike most of the places in the world (and I hope you know where I mean) here you can acheive even the impossible as long as you are the best. With a good and acceptable job experience which is almost a must in US job market you can get your foot in the door and the rest depends on you. The better you work and show yourself the better would be your opportunities for career building and promotion. I applied for some 20 jobs in sicence field and finally got a good one even though I dont have a job experience.

careerbuilder.com, aerotek.com, jobing.com, and monster.com are the best places to look for job.

Good luck with your life in US, I know you will like it here in fashion industry.