Job in NSC Service Area and live in VSC Service Area ?

GCJhalak

Registered Users (C)
Gurus,

I have a job in NSC Service Area. I am planning to move to VSC Service area due to my wife's job and would like to travel to and fro to my job in NSC Area.

I've filed my I 485 with NSC and would like to work for the same employer who filed my I 140 and LC.

If I ever go ahead with this idea to move to VSC Service area ......

Should I submit Ar-11 for address change ?
How will this effect my I485 ? [ Please let me know pros and Cons ]
Will my I 485 be sifted to VSC ? or will it still be processed at NSC ?
Have you ever encountered anybody who has a Job in NSC and live in VSC ?

BTW, my employer is NOT paying any travel charges.
Please let me know.

- Jha

Last edited by a moderator:
You must file AR-11 whenever you move regardless of your status and destination. You also need to update all your cases that are pending with USCIS either by calling them or sending them another form.

As far as I know, cases are filed in a service center that corresponds to the employer's location. It doesn't matter where you live. Usually cases are not transfered to another service center even if you change employers and your new employer is in a different service area. Your case still can be transferred to a local office, but that can happen regardless whether you move or not.

I don't think there will be any impact on your case unless they screw up the address change. You would need to call them until you receive a notice from them that your address changed anyway. So you should be relatively safe.