job change

I485 user

Hello guys,

I need some help here.
My details. I485 ND Nov2000
Got EAD July 01(applied seprately)
I am in bench for last 1 month
Now I got other offer in some other company.(same designation)
Orally my parent company allow me to join in any company.They did not pay me also.
My question is
1. Do I need to inform INS regarding my job change?
2. Do I need to inform my parent company now?

Any help is appreciated.
thanks in advance.

No Title

1.Do I need to inform INS regarding my job change?
  INS memo says that it continue to expect the 485 applicant to inform them about the job change. The tone here is little softer, so it is not a MUST thing. So you MAY not need to inform, if you prefer to avoid some delays in 485 processing. I think, there won\'t be much effect on the processing. Talk to attorney.

2. Do I need to inform my parent company now?
   You passed the 180-day barrier, and so you are a free bird. Go and join new company on EAD. If your present company is agreed to let u join other companies, why is your 2nd question coming up???

No Title

I agree with milk. S/he is absolutely right!

if you wish you can send a letter for change of employement thru your laywer otherwise wait and see whether you will get any RFE?

No Title

I am in the same boat. My attorney has asked me even
not to bother sending INS my new address. When/if ever
there is an RFE,that would be the appropriate time
to give INS that kind of info.
RD 12/11/2000
ND 12/22/2000
FP 04/26/2001

No Title

Guys, I am in same position here and need some help. I am over 180 days (ND Nov 2000). I have a good chance of being layed off shortly.

The job market is currently very tight. As I was looking around for jobs I found that no employer is willing to go into any type of sponsorship - GC or otherwise. Even finding a job with same job title and same or more salary is quite difficult.

INS AC21 memo says that all that is required from the new employer is a letter stating job title, duties and salary. This is a routine letter that any employer will give. But is this really all that will be required? I mean, can the INS in the RFE ask for more documentation from the new employer - like corp. earnings statement, etc. In the current situation it will be very difficult to persuade a new employer to submit these.

What do you guys think?

Stevoins - did you lawyer say anything on this?

Since my 6 years are up, if I join new employer and later RFE\'s demand documentation that they are not willing to provide then I\'ll get denied and will have no choice but to go back. On the other hand, if I get laid off its the same. Don\'t know what to do.

No Title

Did you have EAD yet? EAD probably is good for your case now. If you worry that you could be let go in a near futuer, just apply EAD and do job hunting now. Since your 6 years are up and I-485 filed, you can use EAD with the new job. If you switch a job, you probably will get RFE. Since RFE requests a very simple employer letter - state your title and salary, it is not a big deal for a employer.

Good luck