Job Change

NYC123

Registered Users (C)
Now I am thinking to change Job, MY 485 RD 11/02, my case is LABOUR SUBSTITUTE and 485 is filed after 140 approved.
so please let me know what are things I have to consider before changing job and employer.
I don't have copy of 140 appoval.
I have 485 receipt copy.
WHAT KIND OF PROBLEMS MAY I GET IF EMPLOYER CHANGED. :confused:

RD 485 11/02

We are in a very similar situation. My wife (primary applicant) changed her job after almost a year after filing I-485. We didn't even know her I140 receipt number. We contacted our local congressman and he was able to get the receipt number for us.

Do you atleast know your I140 receipt number? If you do, just take a color print out of online case status for your records.

We informed USCIS about change of employers. If you don't have any issues (salary, job title etc) with your new job then you should too.

ND 9/17/2002
Still waiting for our first FP

Dinnu

Thanks dinnu, harvydonald.
dinnu ........ I don't know the 1-140 receipt number.
Just like you I did not received my FP yet. :confused:

what are the documents required when you file AC21 (job change)..

It is better to get all the documents before changing the employer. LC Approval and 140 Approval copies from your attorney.

Try to get from them at least copies. Then you don't have to worry in change in employment and your GC RFE's.

All the best

BaSh ;)

The simple way is, your attorney should give the info u are looking for.

Don't hesitate to ask him approval noitce of 140. its your approval he should provide you.

Don't know why did you assume without asking to attorney that he is not giving to you. don't assume ask him.

Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator: