Job change with approved I140

robby285

Registered Users (C)
I am currently on H1B Visa and in my 7 th year. My 6 years on my H1B was completed Oct 2006. I am currently on a 3 year extension since I have an approved I140 under EB2 category.
I survived the first round of lay offs at my company and I want to jump to another company before it is my turn.

My question is:
Can I move to another company based on the 3 year H1B extn I got?
Should my current company not cancel my I140 for me to be eligible to use the 3 year H1B extn to join another company?

For my green card processing, should my current company not cancel my I140 for me to retain my priority date?

Thanks in advance to all!

Gurus please help

Gurus
Could someone please help me with this. Things are getting worse in my company and I want to jump before I get fired or laid off.

Thanks one again.

Gurus
Could someone please help me with this. Things are getting worse in my company and I want to jump before I get fired or laid off.

Thanks one again.

Hi, I don't have an answer for you. But there is a way for you to find out the possibility.
You can interview with some companies, if any of them gives you an offer, then you can mention that you have a 3-yr H1B and you want to talk to the lawyer directly to dig deeper about your specific case, then you can ask the same question to the lawyer.
Please post back if you find out to help others with the similar situation ;-)
Good luck.