Job change with AOS pending!

GC_TRAP

Registered Users (C)
Hello folks!

This question has probably been asked a few times before but I'll ask anyways. So, what portability options does somebody have who is on EAD, has already been interviewed for I-485 (I-485 App date over two years), and is only waiting for a visa number to become available?

Is it safe to find another job with a similar description/title anywhere else in the country and move without the risk of butting heads with USCIS, if and when the PD becomes current?

In other words, does an EAD with a pending visa number availability give you full flexibility of job change with similar title/description without any problems? Or are there any gotchas involved?

Thanks to all who respond.

Last time I checked this, I learned that you would fall into the I-140 approved+I-485 > 180 days category anyway. Therefore you would still be restricted by the hassle of finding a 'same or similar job'. Then once your I-485 gets approved, it is advisable that you wait at least 180 days to leave sponsor employer. The latter sounds even more irrational to me.