job Change, I-485 pending

junmyzoo

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am a scientist working for a reputed university. Next month, I am moving to a biotech company within the same state. I plan on using my EAD in the new job. Do you think that I might have any problem in I-485 approval? Anybody has got an RFE in the similar situation and can share the nature of their RFE. Following are my particulars-

I-140 and I-485 applied in April 2003, NIW self petition. California service center
I-140 RFE recd. June 2003, Replied in Sep. 2003
I-140 approved in December 2003.
EAD received in March 2004

Any guidance will be appreciated.

Officially once you've had your EAD for 180 days you are able to change jobs using AC 21 - You will be okay -

GL :)

I’m also in similar situation, currently I’m a Research Scientist in a University in Boston area, and now I am planning to move to a Company in North Carolina. North Carolina is under TSC, while my I-485 is pending at VSC. Currently I’m working on H1B, but I have EAD, which I am planning to use when I start the new job.

I-140 approved (NIW, AD: July 2003; EB1-EA, AD: April 2004)
I-485 (ND: May 2003)

I don’t want my I-485 to be moved to TSC. I’m thinking that my wife could stay around until we get our I-485 approved from VSC!! Do you think there might be some problem if I moved to NC. What will happen if my I485 transferred to local office? Gurus, please suggest me, what is the best way for me.

Thanks

Chaudhary-Sahib.

Ac21

Hi Wong,

Thanks for your reply. Can anyone explain in a lay man's term - What is AC 21? Who needs to file it? Where on the web I get this form?

Also, do I need to file it if I change job by transfeering or getting another H1-B rather than using my EAD.
thanks!

Hi Chaudhary- sahib,

I recently checked with an attorney. In situation like ours, No AC 21 is required since there is no labor cert. innvolved. We need to only send AR-11 if we cahnge our address.
Junmy

Chaudhary-Sahib said:
I’m also in similar situation, currently I’m a Research Scientist in a University in Boston area, and now I am planning to move to a Company in North Carolina. North Carolina is under TSC, while my I-485 is pending at VSC. Currently I’m working on H1B, but I have EAD, which I am planning to use when I start the new job.

I-140 approved (NIW, AD: July 2003; EB1-EA, AD: April 2004)
I-485 (ND: May 2003)

I don’t want my I-485 to be moved to TSC. I’m thinking that my wife could stay around until we get our I-485 approved from VSC!! Do you think there might be some problem if I moved to NC. What will happen if my I485 transferred to local office? Gurus, please suggest me, what is the best way for me.

Thanks

Chaudhary-Sahib.

junmyzoo said:
Hi Chaudhary- sahib,

I recently checked with an attorney. In situation like ours, No AC 21 is required since there is no labor cert. innvolved. We need to only send AR-11 if we cahnge our address.
Junmy

Thanks Junmyzoo. I'm also going to consult my Attorney.

Chaudhary-Sahib