JMD-Approved !!!

gambler

Registered Users (C)
JMD-Approved !!!
Finally got the email today that my 485 case has been approved with my spouses case. Online status showing same info. There was no change in update date till yesterday evening. ( was still showing Dec'02- RFE recvd).
Details:
RD:06/21, ND 06/24, EAC-02-225-5XXXX. FP1- Aug02, RFE Nov'03, RFE RD Dec'02, FP2- 03/13/04, AD-05/12/04.
Called Service Centre once in Feb'02 to enquire about FP2? No help as usual but suprisingly got FP2 notice in 2 weeks. Maybe related to the 3rd EAD /AP I filed on 1st Mar ?
Changed address once, same employer. RFE for kids DOB and photos + EVL.
Contacted local congressman on 4/22 who emailed USCIS and came back saying it will take 30-60 days.
2 theories here : 1) wait for 60 days after FP2 and RFE is replied before FP2.
2) Contact your local congressman.

Whatever other people say about staying +ve, it will come one day etc. only the one who is suffering the wait knows how agonising it is. It was fun here with fellow brethen and sometimes depressing especially if people who filed later got approved earlier.
I will hang around for some more time and answer any questions you may have before I get drunk. Anybody interested to join me and pick up the tab :)

A few quick questions:
1) Can I get a refund on my EAD and AP fees ? The last touched date shows the yesterdays date for these cases 2.
2) My kids 485 status are still not updated and last touch date is still the same. Pretty normal ?
TIA

Congratulations !!!!

Gambler,

Congratulations on your approval. My case is similar as yours.

RD 06/17/02
FP1 08/20/02
RFE 02/06/04
FP2 03/27/04

Still waiting. Did you do anything special on your case ?

Please advise.

Thanks

Cheru

Congratulations gambler Bhai

In one of the previous threads I read someone called about refund of the fees. USCIS says that is gone now, once they cash the check there is no refund.

Good Luck with future.

cheru said:
Gambler,

Still waiting. Did you do anything special on your case ?

Please advise.

Thanks

Cheru

Nothing special done except contact the local congressman. Also, it takes around 60 days from your 2nd FP date because the security checks are done again .

congratulations

good luck for everything else. hopefully others wont have to suffer any transfers.
by the way..what does jmd mean.