Jim please

zirindaba

Registered Users (C)
My i-140 case was transfered to the administrative appeals office. Is this the the Board of appeals in washington DC?

Hi Zirindaba,
AAU is different than BIA. But AAU is also in Washington DC. When did you file your Appeal(form I-290B)? Did you check your denied case online status now? Is it still saying the case is denied?

Thanks,
Nanshi.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Zirindaba,
I found out from other posting that you filed your appeal in VSC on Jan 30, 2003. Please inform me what is the current online status of your I-140? Still it is Denied or Pending?. Kindly help.

Your reply will help me understand about my denied I-140 case status.

Nanshi.

Mine is a similar case. My lawyer made a mistake he did not attach the original copy of LCA, so was denied.
Appeal was filed on FEB 14.
The status of the appeal says, still pending, but my orginal I140 now says pending.
Don't know what that means

Hi Nik,
Thank you for the message. Can you please let me know the following.

1. In Which Service Center, your case got denied?
2. Did you check your I-140 onliner status earlier? Did it say the case was denied(On ..., a Written decision was mailed.....)?
3. From when you are getting your I-140 case is pending?
4. Did your lawyer receive any notice from BCIS stating that your case is opened again?

Status of appeal I-290B won't change till they send the case to AAU , Washington. Looks like we are in the same boat and your help is really appreciated.

Nanshi

1) Nebraska
2 &3) yes it was saying 'A written notice was mailed...' for a long time. I did not check when the message changed. I saw your post and decided to check yesterday, that is when i checked it had changed back to the previous message ( before the denial)
4) No i just talked to the laywer yesterday before checking the site. He said he did not recieve anything yet. He said he would call INS first thing monday morning.

Sorry that is all the info i have. what about your case?

Hi Nik,
Thank you for the reply.

1. Did you check the Automated Voice Mail System? What did it say? (If my guessing is correct then it should be "A written notice was sent on ......")

2. Are you a concurrent filer? If so what is the current status for your I-485/I-765/I-131 cases?

Refer the following statment from www.murthy.com

"The Feb 28 Memo states that, if the I-140 denial is successfully appealed, the I-485, I-765, and I-131 can be reopened on Service Motion. This indicates that the Service would take the necessary steps to reopen the denied cases, rather than requiring the individual to do so."

This very clearly indicates your I-140 denial is successfully appealed and that is the reason why your I-140 case is reopened. So just wait for your I-140 approval.

Kindly post the progress in your case.

Thanks again for your help,
Nanshi.

NIK,

That's funny, I once had a case denied because the attorney that handled the case before I got involved lost the original approved LC. I requested INS to get a duplicate directly from DOL and INS issued an RFE (It's not possible for an attorney or employer to get a duplicate, INS MUST request it) and I again told them that the original had been lost and the must get it from DOL. About a month later I got a denial.

I made a request to correct a service error and INS reopened the case and requested the original from DOL.

Hi Nik,
Did you check with Automated Voice Messaging system? What does it say(Still Denied????)? And also did your attorney call BCIS this morning? Any update in that?

Nanshi.

Jim a Question

naanshi,
yes i checked the automated Voice message, unfortunately it said " A written decision was mailed....."
I yet have to check with my lawyer if he called. i will know later in the day.

Jim,
A question, after it reopened the case did it take the same amount of time as a new I-140 case?

Thanks

Hi Nik,
Thanks for the update. The message I am getting from Automated Voice messaging System is also the same. I think that till they approve the I-140 case, we will be hearing the same message.
And also We will wait to hear from Mr. Jim regarding your question. As for
as I know, reopened cases will not take time as new cases. A friend of mine got his I-140 approval in 2 - 3 weeks, after his case was tranferred back to Texas Service Center from AAU, Washington, for further processing.

Nanshi.

Hi Nik,
Any update in your case? Did your lawyer call NSC? Kindly Let us know.

Nanshi.

Hi Nik,
Any update in your case? Did your lawyer call NSC? Kindly Let us know.

Nanshi.

Re: Jim a Question

Originally posted by nikreddy
naanshi,
yes i checked the automated Voice message, unfortunately it said " A written decision was mailed....."
I yet have to check with my lawyer if he called. i will know later in the day.

Jim,
A question, after it reopened the case did it take the same amount of time as a new I-140 case?

Thanks

It's been a few years now but if I remember correctly it still took quite a long time because INS needed to request the LC directly from DOL and that took forever. It's just the nature of this type of problem that causes LONG (and I mean very long) delays.

But Jim,
In my case, the lawyer had the original copyof the LC. He sent that one along with the motion to reopen. So INS need not request a copy from DOL.
naanshi,
As usual the lawyer gave me the run-around, not answering my question "if his office contacted INS.." His email reply was "Looks good .....". don't know what that means..
I will try to nail an answer if i could.
What about you, Did your lawyer/yourself contact the INS....

Hi Nik,
Thanks for the update. My attorney did not call BCIS yet. But when I called they informed me that their system still shows all these cases are (I-140, I-485, I-765 and my wife's I-485) still denied cases. As of now, we don't have any other confimation other than Online Status Change. And the online status messages are unreliable. Did you call BCIS Nebaraska Service Center? If not, why can't you give a try?

Are you a concurrent filer? If so, what happened to your other cases?

Nanshi.

Naanshi or Jim

How long do cases take at the administative appeals office. My case was denied for ability to pay and my lawyer appealed do you think it will be a good idea to start it over again in the E3 unskilled catagory because my lawyer is insisting that we wait but I want to wait while having another case going on just in case my original case was E3 skilled even if it means using another lawyer

Hi Zirindaba,

If a case goes to AAO, Washington then it is really very tough to guess how long it is going to take and also what decision is going to come. may be 6 months or 18 Months. Nobody knows for sure.

You don't have to start all over again. Your labor is valid for ever. So you can just file I-140/I-485 again with all the new documents which will overcome the earlier denial reasons.(If you want to save some money, then file I-140 alone now)

If my case goes to AAO, I will IMMEDIATELY FORGET the case and I will try to find other possibilities.

Hope this helps,

Nanshi.

Hi Nanshi & others,

My 140 got approved yesterday. Checked online status today and got to know. Now the question would be should we believe the online status... I guess "Yes" cos' all my corresponding (485, 765, 131) for both my spouse and I got reopened. The status says they are reopened.

Let me know if you guys need any details.

Good luck to all of you.

Thanks,

Originally posted by naanshi
Hi Zirindaba,

If a case goes to AAO, Washington then it is really very tough to guess how long it is going to take and also what decision is going to come. may be 6 months or 18 Months. Nobody knows for sure.

You don't have to start all over again. Your labor is valid for ever. So you can just file I-140/I-485 again with all the new documents which will overcome the earlier denial reasons.(If you want to save some money, then file I-140 alone now)

If my case goes to AAO, I will IMMEDIATELY FORGET the case and I will try to find other possibilities.

Hope this helps,

Nanshi.

my140denied ,

Congrats !!

Please let us know if your I-140 was denied.
If it was denied,what was the reason.
Did you reapplied ?

Thanks
Rakesh