Jim Mills...need help, please advise...

bcr

Registered Users (C)
I got my I-485 approved and had the Passport stamping(I-551) a month ago. I have not yet received the actual "Plastic Card". My GC sponsoring employer terminated my employment last week:-

1) Am I eligible to file for an Unemployment benefit?
2) If yes and I claim the benefit, will there be any problem in receiving the actual "Plastic Card"?
3) If the benefit is claimed, will there be any problem during a future naturalization process?

I appreciate your reply...

Thanks
bcr.

Sorry to hear that

> I got my I-485 approved and had the Passport stamping(I-551) a month ago. I have not yet received the actual "Plastic Card". My GC sponsoring employer terminated my employment last week:-

Sorry to hear that but it takes 3/4 weeks or more to get the plastic card after passport stamping.

> 1) Am I eligible to file for an Unemployment benefit?

As far as I recollect H1-B are not eligible for unemployement benefits. Since you became a permanent resident just a month back you may have had to work in your state for 6 months or more to claim any benefits. Check with your local/state benefits office laws and regulations vary from state to state.

> 2) If yes and I claim the benefit, will there be any problem in receiving the actual "Plastic Card"?

Benefits and plastic card are independent of each other.

> 3) If the benefit is claimed, will there be any problem during a future naturalization process?

Laws and regulations keep changing who knows what will be in effect 3/5 years from today.