Jim and others...please comment

QuestionMark

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,
I recently filed my 485 but something has been nagging me at
the back of my mind and i would like to share it with you guys to get inputs,so that i can be prepared for the worst.

1.I have been in the US for 3 yrs of which 2 yrs i drew 50 % salary over H1 stated amount.
2.Last year (2001) due to health and market conditions i drew only 50% of stated H1 salary ( bench plus leave)
3.I recd my last paycheck equal to H 1 stated amount and submitted this as proof of employment staus while filing 485 and from this month on again i am going to be drawing less than H 1 stated salary till i get a suitable project.
4.My wife was also employed during this period and she had the same problem and in fact drew a paycheck every week of 2001 but for limited amounts which is less then H 1 stated amounts.She has since resigned after filing 485 and we recd recipts.
5.The totals amounts drawn in 2001 is about 45000 ( above poverty lines)
  by both of us

My question is does this inconsistent salary pose a problem and also does the fact that the w2 for my wife and me for the period of 2001 shows much lesser than the stated h1 salary pose a problem, while previous yrs show 50 % over h1 stated salary.

The company that processed my GC is willing to support me any way i need.

No Title

You are fine. If at all there is a problem only your H1 employer will be questioned. Moreover with the downward trend of the economy INS is not going to look into this seriously unless your salary is below poverty level. I saw some similar opinion expressed in one of the previous weeks\' chat transcripts in murthy.com.