Jim and other What is your thought?

rfe

Registered Users (C)
I got a RFE and replied to the RFE on 2/15/02. It is almost 1 month. The AVM still says a RFE was issued on Jan 4th. I called the INS twice and the answer was they were still waiting for the RFE. My question is when the officer looks at the file in the computer she/he usually does not have any clue about physical location of the file. Could it be possible that the mail department matched the RFE and sent back the file to the officer without updating the system?
Any thought

No Title

If it does not get updated does it mean that they don\'t have my reply. Thats the answer I got from the IO. I think IO only sees if it gets update.

No

If the system does not get updated, all that means is that the system did not get updated. It may not be a bad idea though to call and speak to an IIO.

Jim

James D. Mills
Attorney at Law
jdmills@justice.com
732-644-5702

No Title

Do not worry. Your approval is just around the corner. I also got my RFE on January 4, received by lawyer on January 14, responded by FedEx on January 18 and approved on February 4, stamped on February 14. Always send your mail to INS by express courier, so you know when they get it and who signed for it. FYI, I also got an RFE on my I-140 in 2000, approval for which took 6 weeks. So, relax. If this is just for Employer Letter and pay stabs, you are OK. This is contingent of course to INS operationg at all after the latest visa approvals for the dead.

No Title

Thanks Jim
I called IO and the answer was INS did not receive my reply. If the system does not get updated and IO looked at the system then her answer would be that the INS did not receive my reply or the IO checks some thing that may not be in the system?
I know the physically the reply is with the INS.

No Title

AVM should have changed several days upon receipt of you responce to RFE. In my case it was three days. So, you responce may have lost in the mailroom or got misplaced. I do not know who is handling your mail, but the envelope with the responce should have had a clear indication what was inside. I had a label with indication of the case number and word "RFE" in bold font, like 24 pt. Also, "RFE" was nand-written by marker on the envelope in the way nobody could miss it. Details, details...

Technically, INS always advises that if you do not hear from them in 60 days upon submitting any documents, you should contact them again. The worst case scenario, you will courier them your responce again on April 15, explaining the reason for the second submission. Your lawyer should hold a copy of your first responce.