Jenimmi and others!

Publicus

Registered Users (C)
Hi, and congratulations on the progress oregarding your parents' cases.
You wrote that you have had your dad send you the DS-3032 form and then you mailed it yourself to NVC. Is that correct?

I am thinking about having my mom scan to email her form to me, print it and mail it to NVC. Do you think I should do it? Or should I have her FedEx it directly to NVC?

Anyone is welcome to answer. Thanks for the help.

Also, what should I ask my mother to prepare so we can be ready for the DS 230 when it comes.

I am thinking:
Copy of Passport Biographic Data.

Do they need her Birth Certificate, marriage certificate and Police certificate, or is that for the interview only.

Thanks

Hey Pub, Where were you man? :) Long time no see..

It's good that your Mom's process seems to be getting along. DS-3032 or DS-230 has to have the original signature of the beneficiary. It's ok for you to scan and send her the DS-3032 (the one with the bar code) if you got it ahead of her, but she should mail the one she signed, either directly to NVC or to you - so you can verify if what she's entered in the form is correct and then mail it to NVC.

NVC does not accept forms that do not have original signature on it. i.e. no photocopy or scanned copy of the form she signed.

DS-230 with the beneficiary's original signature should be sent back to NVC with a copy of biographic data page of the beneficiary's (your Mom's) PP ONLY, and with the bar code sheet NVC sends with the DS-230 form.

Along with the DS-230 form, NVC sends a checklist of docs one needs to be ready with in preparation for taking it to their interview. Birth Cert, Marriage Cert (if beneficiary is father), Police clearance, Medical clearance are all needed for the interview. Medical clearance can only be obtained after your Mom receives her interview packet which will contain the instructions for medical clearance.

jenimmi said:
Hey Pub, Where were you man? :) Long time no see..

Thank you Jen, I appreciate your advice.
Getting settled once again in a new area after leaving the military service breaks once's daily patterns and regular business. Finally I can focus on the things I was doing before, and I don't want to see this year going by without me accomplishing some things on the personal level.

DS-3032 or DS-230 has to have the original signature of the beneficiary.

Wow. This is news to me. Thank you for this information. But I have a question: "Legally, a faxed contract or document is a binding document as long as it has the header. Do you think NVC will accept a faxed DS 3032?

Publicus said:
Wow. This is news to me. Thank you for this information. But I have a question: "Legally, a faxed contract or document is a binding document as long as it has the header. Do you think NVC will accept a faxed DS 3032?

Pub, I remember the experience someone had posted on Ron's forum last year (I tried to look for the link, couldn't find it). This guy was doing CP for his wife and the copy of DS-3032 did not have her original signature and it was not accetable to NVC. I don't know if she sent it as a scanned copy or faxed it. He then said, they had to send in a form with the original signature.

But you may have a point with the fax thingy. You must call NVC first thing in the morning and check this with an operator. If you call around 8 in the morning, you'll get them on the line right away. Do let us know if faxing the form is acceptable.

jenimmi said:
But you may have a point with the fax thingy. You must call NVC first thing in the morning and check this with an operator. If you call around 8 in the morning, you'll get them on the line right away. Do let us know if faxing the form is acceptable.

Jen, you're right. A Fax is not acceptable. Thx.