January Mumbai Interview Thread

Khardenavis: I have aplied for PCC at IndiaCGNY...

Since we were issued new passports at NY I was told that PCC would take a day or two. I sent in my PCC app on 12/10. However, if your PP is issued in India it could possibly take 30-35 days from what I\'ve read in this forum. When\'s your interview? Ours is on Jan 17.

Depends on Consulate

Indian Counsulate in SF takes more than 35 Days
I have seen in this post, Chicago take > 45 Days

HTH

What are the 3 reasons for rejection

waitnwatch,

newbie.. what are the 3 reasons for rejection ?

TIA
DJ

Ash Cool - where was ur passport issued? India or SFO

My passport was issued SFO, but I am currently in London.. London Consulate said they will send application to SFO.. me think why don\'t I do that if SFO will send it back in a couple of days ?

Thoughts?

Help
DJ

Ash Cool - It may be faster to get PCC in India as your was passport issued there

As I understand the process, the authority where the PCC application is submitted, has to obtain a No objection from the authority that issued the passport. Hence it is faster if it is the same authority.

Spoke with Mumbai re PCC for Jan int

Hi All,

Heres my situation. I am based in NYC.
Interview Date: 1/31/02 @ Mumbai
Pkt 4 mailed: 12/4/01 not yet recvd.

Came across this site today and saw the PCC notice. Called Mumbai consulate, she told me that PCC is a *requirement* for visa issuance and that I need 2, one from the Indian Consulate General and another from the Regional Passport Office. I asked her if we needed a local clearance and she said no, just the above two. If I didnt they would keep the case pending until I provided both certificates.

I am applying at cgny tomorrow for PCC, should probably get it in the 38 days I have before leaving for Mumbai. Issue is, even if I have this, it is not going to be possible to obtain clearances from RPO in India without being physically present with the passport. Should I pospone my interview? They will give me a date 2 months from Jan 31.

Thanks,

BuzyBee

BuzyBee: Don\'t worry, PCC from CGNY is good enough...

That\'s what they said when I had called them. Also, see natcam\'s posting on that. He has posted the response from the Mumbai Consulate that PCC from CGNY is sufficient. You don\'t need to postpone your CP interview. Relax!!

How many days after the interview do we have stay in India?

Well, I can\'t take too many days off from work and was wondering if the mumbai consulate is going to mail us our approved papers (as against giving us on the same day), does anybody know, how long it will take for the papers to reach our indian address? I need to buy tickets, haven\'t received packet 4 as yet and am not sure what to do? Any suggestions?Thanks in advance!

ud

Yes, this is going to be another big problem.
If papers will be couriered in 3 days, then it becomes mandatory that we stay there at least 4 days after the interview, so that you are not cutting it too close.
This is another new headache Mumbai seems to have introduced.
Good luck
MJ1

Thanks MJ1!

Well, the consulate has mailed me and my attorney the P4 on December 4th. We still haven\'t received it. Based on that fact, how reliable is the 3-4 day time-frame? We can not travel back to the US w/o the passport? Are you at all concerned about that? or you think, it will be ok?