January Mumbai Interview Thread

THIS IS CONFUSING PCC REQUIRED OR NOT

I am hearing that Consulate is giving mixed answers abt PCC Requirements...!!!

Is it really required or not ?

:(

Almost-There: When I called the Mumbai Consulate the lady said that...

the PCC from CGINY (Consulate General of India, New York) is good enough. I\'ve read elsewhere in this forum that the PCC issued by CGINY covers all your places of residence in India. Basically, I think the American Consul has instructed the Indians working at the Consulate to inform CPers that they need PCC, but I doubts whether they\'ll actually be enforcing it since most Jan CPers might not have it in time for the interview. I guess they just want to warn future CPers that they are getting serious about this PCC thing in view of 9/11.

Help !!! What does the namecheck process mean

My interview date has yet not been finalized and when I enquired they told me \'We cannot schedule an interview for you since your namecheck has not been completed. We have sent a reminder today\'

Gurus out there - please respond ......need to sort this out

Thanks

No Title

>My interview date has yet not been finalized and when I enquired they told me \'We cannot schedule an interview for you since your namecheck has not been completed. We have sent a reminder today\'

>Gurus out there - please respond ......need to sort this out

It means you are held up on FBI check and other backgroup checks they are doing on you in the US. Do you have some significant police stuff against you in the US/Canada (like moer than a speeding ticket)

Thanks ..bullu

I had sent my package 3 in first week of Oct and that is why I am so concerned about this namecheck. But from what you said and reading the article, you had provided the link for, it appears that it is totally out of anyone\'s hand atleast till the point FBI or whoever comes out with their findings. I just hope it is minor stuff ...

Is there anyone who has knowledge about this namecheck process based on specific cases in the past? Your input will be great as I have to plan for my wife\'s admissions in 2002 otherwise we will waste one more year with this unending GC process.

Do we need to come back in same flight

Hi everyone,
        Can someone please help me with this question. Does my wife need to come back to the US in the same flight with me, after getting GC aproval, or can she come back later. Has anyone heard about this. Would really appreciate a reply.
Thanks,

Do u have any idea how to get a PCC from Local Police Station

Did u find out the requirements for getting the PCC from Local Police Station in India ?

How much Time ?
Can our Parents apply for the same on our behalf ?
What Documents Needed ?

Thanks in advance

GoLions

The primary beneficiary has to be the first one to enter. The dependent or secondary beneficiary can enter after the primary and not before. I think a lag of upto six months is ok. Check that with a credible source.
MJ1

ALL

Consulate informed me that my P4 has been mailed to my India address on 4th of December. My interview is on 2nd Jan.

I hope they are telling me the truth and have really mailed it. As of this posting, my parents did not receive anything.

Does anyone know how do they send the P4? Regular mail or certified or by courier?

Thanks.

cpnewdelhi: My parents received my P4 in Mumbai...

I had sent the US Consulate an email requesting them to send the P4 to my parents. It seems there is a PCC requirement in the P4. According to what I heard they need 2 PCCs, one each from local police and regional passport office. But when I had called the US Consulate last week to confirm my interview date the lady whom I spoke with said "Yes" to "Is the PCC from IndiaCGNY good enough?" You might want to call and confirm that again.

Yes You can

One of my close friends did the same ay last year. After getting his CP approval, He came back first and his wife came after 2 months.

waitnwatch

I am told they send by courier.
I have not recd P4 either and I too am expecting early Jan interview. I don\'t even have my interview date yet as I have not been able to get through.
What do you plan to do about PCC, given that we have so less time left?
Thanks
MJ1

waitnwatch

In the same boat-
The consulate informed us that they have mailed my P4 to me (mumbai address)and my attorney on Dec 4th. As of now, we haven\'nt recd it. Even regular mail shouldn\'t take this long to reach a Bombay address. I\'ll let you know as soon as I hear anything from my folks.