02/02/2010-----------NOA 1, 2, 3, 4 (I-485, I-765, I-131,I-130) received
02/11/2010-----------Biometrics Appt received
02/15/2010-----------RFE received dated 02/10/2010
02/22/2010-----------Biometrics for I-485 and I-765 done
02/23/2010-----------I-485 and I-765 Touched
03/10/2010-----------RFE response received, Case resumed
03/22/2010-----------Called USCIS customer service to request expedite on I-765
03/25/2010------------IL letter sent
03/29/2010------------I-131 and I- 765 approved , card production order.
03/29/2010------------Interview letter received for 05/04/2010
04/05/2010------------Received EAD and AP
04/22/2010------------Touch on I-485
05/04/2010------------Interview approved, Touch on I-485, 1st card production order email.
05/08/2010------------Welcome letter and I-130 approval letter received
05/12/2010------------2nd card production order email received with May 11th 2010 date on.
05/27/2010------------I-485 approval letter sent email received
06/01/2010------------GC received

January Filers' Interview Date:

- KoalaBear: 04/07 -DONE>>>Approved >>>>>>>>>?
- Toro12: 04/08- DONE>>>Approval Pending >>>Approved>>Rec'd GC.
- Eiredpf: 04/08 DONE>>>Approved >>>>>>>>>?
- Chicagomixed: 04/12 - DONE>>>Approval Pending >>>Approved>> Rec'd GC.
- Mmamminna: 04/12 - DONE>>>Approval Pending >>>>>>Rec'd GC.
- Lexin: 04/15 - DONE>>>Approved >>>>>>>>>> Rec'd GC.
- El Hacha: 04/19 - DONE>>>Approval Pending >>>?
- Fancyjagirl: 04/20 - DONE>>>Approval Pending >>>?
- Realcool1: 04/22 - DONE>>>Approval Pending>>>?
- Rabin: 04/27 - DONE>>>Approval Pending >>> Approved >>> Rec'd GC.
- Fushy: 05/03 - DONE>>>Approval Pending >>> Approved>>> Rec'd GC.
- Leloup1169: 05/04 - Done>>>Approved>>>>>Rec'd GC.
- Narayan: 05/07 - DONE>>>Approval Pending>>>Approved>>>?
- Balyan: 05/18 - DONE>>>Approval Pending>>>Approved>>>?

Congrats, Fushy and Leloup.

Last edited by a moderator:
Realcool and Fancyjagirl , I think #1 is correct and wish you all the best and hope everything goes your way.

El hacha -
Stop and sleep over the decision. You're so close to getting something that people wait years or decades to obtain. Here is what I would recommend - I went through your posts and your advise to other people was to 'wait and be patient'.
I would suggest that you do what I did - open an infopass (just for the heck of it) and choose "#1= You need Service on a case that has already been filed" for your case (you're supposed to put in a case number).

On the day of the interview, it turns out that my wife's fingerprints were not readable (after doing it twice) so they requested that we obtain a police clearance letter. The interviewing IO suggested that we hand it IN PERSON once we obtained it (he said that mail can get lost). So that's what we did, after the interview we went to our local police station, obtained the document and went back to Boston and submitted the letter at the counter. The IO at the counter said that our file had not come to his office yet but he'll staple the document once it comes in his possession.

Well.. we waited 4 weeks (like you) with no updates - nothing. So I decided to open an info pass - I was later contacted via email from the IO assigned to the infopass asking for more details - which I then explained that we had already sent the requested document. She responded saying that there was no such document which would explain why we had not received any updates on our case on the uscis.gov site. Nevertheless, she asked us to come in on the day of the infopass session itself and hand in the document.

We received the GC today (though it is dated 04/30/2010).
What I'm trying to say is, give it a shot - what's the worse thing that can happen?

PS: The US is a big country with 50 little countries within - there are tons of opportunities everywhere - try to see it as the glass being half full.

El hacha -
Stop and sleep over the decision. You're so close to getting something that people wait years or decades to obtain. Here is what I would recommend - I went through your posts and your advise to other people was to 'wait and be patient'.
I would suggest that you do what I did - open an infopass (just for the heck of it) and choose "#1= You need Service on a case that has already been filed" for your case (you're supposed to put in a case number).

On the day of the interview, it turns out that my wife's fingerprints were not readable (after doing it twice) so they requested that we obtain a police clearance letter. The interviewing IO suggested that we hand it IN PERSON once we obtained it (he said that mail can get lost). So that's what we did, after the interview we went to our local police station, obtained the document and went back to Boston and submitted the letter at the counter. The IO at the counter said that our file had not come to his office yet but he'll staple the document once it comes in his possession.

Well.. we waited 4 weeks (like you) with no updates - nothing. So I decided to open an info pass - I was later contacted via email from the IO assigned to the infopass asking for more details - which I then explained that we had already sent the requested document. She responded saying that there was no such document which would explain why we had not received any updates on our case on the uscis.gov site. Nevertheless, she asked us to come in on the day of the infopass session itself and hand in the document.

We received the GC today (though it is dated 04/30/2010).
What I'm trying to say is, give it a shot - what's the worse thing that can happen?

PS: The US is a big country with 50 little countries within - there are tons of opportunities everywhere - try to see it as the glass being half full.

I totally agree with Boston 2009. There are millions of people around the world who want to come to this great country, give it your best shot, at this point if it doesn't work out you have your back home option to fall on. I am a Canadian Citizen and still chose to come to the US. Just hang in there my friend.

@ el hacha.i know exactly how u feel,going through this process is not easy but i dont think you should give up just yet.u came too far to just give up,i think u should just wait a little before u make such a huge decision.i did my interview on the 20th of april and i havent received any updates,its really depressing but i just gotta hang in there and i made an infopass to see whats going on with my case. i feel like how ur feeling everyday but i kno god bring me this fall so he wouldnt just leave me,so i think u should just wait.everything aint gona happen the time u want,wish it did,lol but its life you know and you gotta accept what comes with it. there are alot of people who doesnt even have the opportunity to even get a visa, in my country,they arent giving out any visa and people would pay alot of money just to come to this country.i think you should make an infopass thou.if texas aint working out for you, try moving to another state and start out small and you will be suprise that things turned out good.i will pray for you and your family,im in the same situation and i know exactly how you feel,so just hang in there my brother. its your decision at the end of the day but i think you should not give up just yet.

well, interview approved May 18th, filed on Jan 8th. No GC here yet. Any progress on your case fancyjagirl?

fancyjagirl and lightcz no news from me yet.we have to wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah went to the infopass,told me that the IO still havent made a decision on my case,its about 43 days now and the guy that interviewed me told me if i havent received a decision in 30days ,i should call.they said ooh well,i see ppl wait for 7years.great,as if thats gona make me feel any better. i wasnt even finish talking with the guy,he got up and walk away

yeah went to the infopass,told me that the IO still havent made a decision on my case,its about 43 days now and the guy that interviewed me told me if i havent received a decision in 30days ,i should call.they said ooh well,i see ppl wait for 7years.great,as if thats gona make me feel any better. i wasnt even finish talking with the guy,he got up and walk away

That's unbelievable but on second thought, most of the govn employees are rude like in Post Office, Driver License. I hope things get sorted out for you soon.

Received GC long time ago. I am sorry I have not been active for a while. Trying to get some info now on Medicare, Medicaid and so on...
Thanks to everyone in this wonderful forum and good luck to all of you still in process!

Just a small update to say that we are (my wife and I) back to my country and it was the best decision i never made. Not all the world and the future is in US, sorry to say, but my US experience was a very disappointing one. My wife has already a temporary permit and all the papers for the residence here, are already filled and sent to the migration office. They are very clear about what you need and the rules, not like US, where you depend if the IO wakes in a good mood or not. Here they are very professional and polite. My wife loves my country and how migration works here. She really started to see that the universe doesn't turn around US only .
As for the rest of the people here in this forum, just wish you best of luck and be happy.
Good Bye and thanks to this forum and their members for all the help.

@el hacha,
I am very proud of your decision. I wish, I could do same but I am from Nepal and I hate to say but Nepal is going downhill since past decade because of corrupted politician. I would not care anything that much but security for ordinary citizen is non existence and I can't take that risk for my family.

My case update.
I received notice of approval email today.

@el hacha: I wish I could say the same, but you're very lucky. I would lose both my career and my spouse if I fail this process and have to go back. Yeah the immigration process here is nerve-wrecking. Last year or so, people applied for work visa had to go through lottery because of the quota (I don't know if they still do that). Having your life/career depend on a lottery or a mood swing of IO is too much to bear. From what I learnt, my case will very much depend on the IO as well (even though my marriage is real, I overstayed my visa. Some people got grilled on that, while others passed because IO didn't ask). I've been nervous and worried about the interview everyday.
Anyway, congrats :)

Last edited by a moderator:
@el hacha,
I am very proud of your decision. I wish, I could do same but I am from Nepal and I hate to say but Nepal is going downhill since past decade because of corrupted politician. I would not care anything that much but security for ordinary citizen is non existence and I can't take that risk for my family.

My case update.
I received notice of approval email today.

congratulation Lightcz
did you made info pass? how many days after your interview did you get the card production email

Its been two weeks since I got my g.c approval . Just waiting for the card and already got my welcome letter . Thanks for you support see you in 1.9 years . take care and all the best .

Will there be any third email update or just wait for the GC?

Narayan

Here is my timeline update on I-485 status:

Just now got email showing the Post Decision Activity:

Post-Decision Activity
On June 10, 2010, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

I hope GC card will be in the mail and expected to receive in next week.

All the best for the rest of the gues who are waiting for their GCs.

Narayan