January 2010 Filers, post here

Hey guys, I wonder if we should bring our original Naturalization Certificate to the interview? Or can we bring copy?
The reason is the post office still has my original Naturalization Cert (expect it to be back within 4-6 weeks) and we received the IL for 04/20/2010.
Please advice. Thanks!!

DATE STATUS
18-Jan-10 Application sent to Chicago, IL - Day 1
19-Jan-10 USCIS Received Application - Day 2
25-Jan-10 Check Cleared - Day 7
28-Jan-10 Notice of Action I-130/I-485/I-765 Received - Day 10
04-Feb-10 FP Notification (appt date 02/18/2010 - not needed) - Day 17
05-Feb-10 FP Date (walk in) - Day 18
04-Mar-10 Interview Letter for 04/07/2010 - Day 45
07-Apr-10 Interview Date - Day 79
xx-xxx-xx Employment Authorization Document Received I-765
xx-xxx-xx Green Card Received

You will get the original naturalization certificate back from the State Department when they are done issuing your passport. They generally send the citizenship evidence and the passport in two different envelopes, so you might receive them on different days.

When did you send in your passport application? You might want to try calling the National Passport Information Center to see if they have an estimate on how much longer, or in what current step your passport application is in. You can check your passport status at the following link: http://travel.state.gov/passport/get/status/status_2567.html or you can call 1-877-4-USA-PPT (1-877-487-2778)

Application Type: I765 , APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION
Current Status: Card production ordered.

Does anyone know how quickly I will receive it? Got the email today. Thanks

Is this your first or second Card Production email? Usually they send out the first email when the card order has been requested and another when it is being shipped. My wife didn't apply for an EAD with her GC application, but we received the first GC CPO email last Wednesday night and then the second this morning, dated for yesterday. I think officially they will tell you within 30 days. However, I have also heard 7 to 10 business days.

Is this your first or second Card Production email? Usually they send out the first email when the card order has been requested and another when it is being shipped. My wife didn't apply for an EAD with her GC application, but we received the first GC CPO email last Wednesday night and then the second this morning, dated for yesterday. I think officially they will tell you within 30 days. However, I have also heard 7 to 10 business days.

First one. Thank u for explaining it! Also, we had issues with fingerprints (went 2 times). Does the EAD order mean that the fingerprints cleared and we are good?

First one. Thank u for explaining it! Also, we had issues with fingerprints (went 2 times). Does the EAD order mean that the fingerprints cleared and we are good?

Not quite. If you are eligible for a EAD as a result of another benefit (such as a F-1 Student applying for OPT) then they don't require fingerprinting. However, if you last fingerprint appointment was more then 2 weeks ago then you more then likely won't be getting a letter about the prints. Usually USCIS sends the data files of the prints to the FBI the same day and the FBI returns them that day or the next day.

Did all the people who applied in Jan 2010 send W2 info for year 2009 or was it 2008?

I hadn't received my 2009 W2, so sent 2008 W2.

I had also sent my 2008 when I had applied in Jan. But it is recommended to carry your 2009 taxes to the interview.

We sent the 2008 and def will take the 2009 for the interview b/c they would ask you if you have filed together.

Finally, just received my Interview Letter for April 15th. I'm excited have to call my lawyer set up prep for the interview. Good luck for those still waiting! Ohh where is my EAD???? It's been ages since i earned a dollar

DO: NYC
01/08 (Day 1) Package sent to Chicago (I-130, I-485, I-864, I-765, I-693, G-325A)
01/12 (Day 4) Documents received at Chicago
01/13 (Day 5) Checks cashed
01/16 (Day 15) NOA received by mail for I-485, I-765 and I-130
01/23 (Day 16) FP letter received for 02/02/10
02/02 (Day 26) FP Done
03/12 (Day 59) Received IL dated 04/15
04/15 (Day 93) Interview date

Last edited by a moderator:
Seeing that your first FP was unsuccessful, were your fingerprints rejected? Did you do the FP successfully the second time? I'd appreciate if you could share.

The second time was pretty much the same as the first one - all red on the screen. I am not sure what they did or if they just accepted it.

so the FPs were in the failing range again and they were accepted? Did they do sth different the 2nd time?

No, the same. I was concerned, but obviously they went through. Or at least I hope they did. The person is almost 70 yr old if that makes any difference.

DATE STATUS
16-Jan-10 Application sent to Chicago, IL (130, 485, 765)
18-Jan-10 USCIS Received Application
22-Jan-10 Notice of Action Received
28-Jan-10 Biometrics Notification
16-Feb-10 Biometrics Date
11-Mar-10 I got notice Card production ordered EAD I-765
04-Mar-10 Interview Letter
08-Apr-10 Interview Date
XX-XXX-XX Green Card Received

I have two kids 1 year old and 3 year old boy. Should I take them to the interview with us.
We got marry May 2006

I have two kids 1 year old and 3 year old boy. Should I take them to the interview with us.
We got marry May 2006[/QUOTE]

that would make your interview easy and more convincing. I strongly suggest you should as they[kids] are concrete proof of your marriage. Good luck on your interview, keep us posted.