January 2009 filers, Post here

I had our AOS interview last Friday May 8th 2009. We were approved without any issues - Thank God.

Best of wishes to all of you who are waiting.

haraputta,
My wife passed her AOS interview on May 6, 09 and was told it would take 3 weeks or even less to receive the card. but so far we haven't received the card except the welcome leter and I-130 approval notice. I wonder how thing goes with your case, since we have very similar timeline. did you get your card yet?

I had our AOS interview last Friday May 8th 2009. We were approved without any issues - Thank God.

Best of wishes to all of you who are waiting.

Cllin123 - apparently USCIS is experiencing card production delays and hence the reason that we have not received our cards yet. I am in the same boat as you.

Here is the official announcement.

I havn't updated in so long!

We had to go and do our biometrics again as they did something wrong with the first ones.

Our interviews are on the 6th July so I am so nervous!

Can anyone give me a heads up on what to expect?

hi. i am from the may filers and i am just wondering if you guys can share your interview experiences.. i am being sponsored by my husband.. our interview is scheduled by the end of the month.. i hope you can give me some advice.. thanks in advance.. and congratulations to those of you who were approved..

Hey xxjjccbb

I am a January Filer who was delayed by an RFE. My USC wife and i just literally returned from our interview at the Atlanta DO a few hours ago.

Our appointment as at 9.00am. We were at the building at about 8.30am and through security and other check points and seated by 8:40. There were about 30 or something people in there most were very quiet, but my wife and i were our usually talkative selves. At about 9:05 a lady came and called our names, we were seated in the back, so we couldn't hear her at first. We literally had to chase her down as she was heading back to the office areas as she couldn't see us.

She led us to her office, sat us down and administered the oath. She seemed nice, but her face was mostly expressionless and did not betray a thing and she was very business like. The first thing she asked for our drivers license, then my passport from which she took out the I-94 and place it in our file. She opened our file and started checking things off. She started with my wife and asked her some questions.
Her full name
Her Address
My Full name
Where we met
When she got married
If we had a honeymoon
Where was i born
Where was i a citizen of (two seprate countries)
If she had met my family

She was checking off things on the G325A and other form we sent in while asking the questions. She then turned to me and asked me:

What country I was born in
If i had met my Wife's Family - she seemed interested in my wife's neice
Then some standard questions from I485
Ask me how i go to the country (F1)
Where my visa was issued
If i had obtained a degree
The name of school i went to
Who were the witnesses at our wedding
what we did after the wedding

After she went in and checked everything, she asked me if we have any evidence. I gave her copies of bank statements, credit card, lease, health and life insurance. She went them quickly, glancing at stuff, checking off things and marking off our name, then she asked if she can keep them - i said yes as they were copies. I also placed a photo album on her desk, but she never even opened it. She left for a few minutes to make copies of my passport.

She returned and asked if there was anything else. She said she was going to approve my petition and i should expect the card in 3 weeks. We said thanks, then i brought her attention to a small correction on my G325A biographic form and we said our good byes.

It was a very straight forward affair lasted less than 10 mins. This despite being an F1 overstay for over 3 years.' I was definitely over prepared and she looked at maybe 10% if what we brought in, but i am glad things turned out the way they did.

My advice is to get all your documentation together and organized, make sure the taxes are up to date. Make sure you and your spouse are familiar with basic information about your marriage....and after you have prepared....relax. It will help your interview go smoothly and you would have done your work by the interview and it will just be a formality at that point.

I would like to thank everyone who has contributed on this message board, every bit of information i read here has helped me through this very stressful time. Thanks and G bless

Last edited by a moderator:
lev8truth..

thanks for the information.. i am glad everything went well for you.. i am preparing all our documents and hopefully it would be ready soon.. i guess i just have to review every document that we have with my husband..

congratulations to you and your wife..