Jan'02 or older waiting for approval

After the interview (Nov'03) at Boston I was told my background check results are not back yet.I checked with FBI and got a reply . According to FBI check was sent to USCIS on 25-DEC-02. I had my first FP in Jul'02 & 2nd FP on Oct '03. I believe background check is done only once. At this point I think the IBIS check is pending.

I made two inquiries. Both the time the reply was same but vague. It said the case has been delayed....the cases pending will require routine security check....dute to manpower shortage they don't know when the checks will be done.... I visited Boston office on 1st July and I came to know the case got transferred to VSC again in the first week on June . But the website didn't update.When I made a status inquiry on 13th July, the next day the status updated.

npnjan02, Piyushind, gggccc,

Hello all, here is the good news from me. My case got approved end of last week. I am Dec'01 ND and AC-21 case. Never received any RFE.

Wow, that's good to know, and it's very encouraging for me.

Did you deal with any senators etc? How about an inquiry - did you ever file any to CIS?

Congrats, again (you actually got approved last week) !!!

Wish you all the best

Sorry for late in reply. Yes, senator/congman office helped. Made 3 inquiries - 1st time unwanted address change and then said that case is active, will let you know when decision made. Wish you all good luck and please trust me but your approval days are not that far. Our cases are too old and something needs to be done soon. Once again good luck and hang in there.