Jan'02 or older waiting for approval

Piyushind

Registered Users (C)
HI FRIENDS,

Lets start new thread for Jan'02 or OLDER cases. Lets see how many of us are still waiting for approval.

Piyushind

Count me in !

RD 11/16/01,
ND 11/30/01
FP1 01/xx/03
RFE 03/18/04
RFE reply recd 04/06/04
FP2 07/15/04

And the wait goes on...

Here too!

Piyushind, what is your info?

---------------------------------
I-140 AD 12/23/2001
I-485 RD 01/24/2002
FP1 03/23/2002
FP2 11/01/2003
3 EAD (don't have the dates) approved
No RFE
Tracker messages last updated 01/21/2003 regarding the FP1
No messages changes regarding FP2
No notification that case was transferred to local office

Me too

My RD 01/03/2002, ND 01/08/2002, RFE 09/03/2003, 2FP 09/25/2003, waiting since then....

To npnjan02: how did you make CIS issue an inquiry for you. I believe the current processing time is 02/01/2002, not 30days past your RD. This is the reason the representative rejected my request. :confused:

I guess they did just the regular vs special inquiry - did it over the phone. I did it exactly 22 days ago and I haven't heard anything.

Me too!

ND = 12/10/01
3 EAD approved
No change in online status check since 1st fingerprinting in March, 2002
NO rfes or no other news what so ever
3 address changes/1 employer change after more than 180 days of filing I485

immiproblem said:
ND = 12/10/01
3 EAD approved
No change in online status check since 1st fingerprinting in March, 2002
NO rfes or no other news what so ever
3 address changes/1 employer change after more than 180 days of filing I485

immiproblem, are you inder 245(i) ?

Hello npnjan02 and others

Thank you for replying. I don't know what does that mean - what is 245(i) and how can I find out that I am inder 245(i). As I said earlier in other mails, that I have everything in my immigration process happened on time till I485. After receiving I485 receipt with ND in Dec'01, I had fingerprinting in March'02. After that it has been 29 months, and I have not heard anything at all except EAD/AP approvals. I even read somewhere that name check/security check pending etc.

npnjan02 or others, I would really appreciate if someone can explain to me about 245(i) and how is that affect me or how do I do any of these name/security check or what other things should I do.

245(i) is an act which allows you to apply for GC if you're illegal - expired visa etc, but are full-time employed. They "opened" it for about 4 months (could be wrong) back in 2001, and gave people chance to use it. I know people that got approved this way, already more than 6 months ago.

I don't know how would affect people, from my observations this kind of cases have most of the time RFEs, and are transferred to local office. Not mine, and I have no clue what the issue is. At the end, maybe there's no issue since they are processing cases with ND Feb 2002, and I am right there.

---------------------------------
I-140 AD 12/23/2001
I-485 RD 01/24/2002
FP1 03/23/2002
FP2 11/01/2003
3 EAD (don't have the dates) approved
No RFE
Tracker messages last updated 01/21/2003 regarding the FP1
No messages changes regarding FP2
No notification that case was transferred to local office

My details

My details are as follows

RD 01/07/02
ND 01/10/02
FP 02/27/02
3 EADs
2 APs
0 Approval

And officer from local office called back in April & May'04 and verbally asked for some documents (which i treat as RFE) and we mailed by certified mail and till then nothing.

My status is same since FEb. 2002. Nothing changed.

Don't know what to do.

Called 1-800-375-5283 and request for Inquiry but they said they can't send inquiry because processing that date is FEB 01,2002 from last two months. It suppose to pass Feb. 10th, 2002. Then they will send inquiry on my case.

So keep praying to GOD.
Piyushind

npnjan02 or others

NO. I have always maintained legal status in the country. Never laid off, always had a good job. Got an education in US, started working for a reputed employer and applied for GC, about a year after applying I485, I changed job to another reputed company. So, do I have to use 245(i) or I don't have that problem? I have also passed that 30 day limit between my ND and current processing time for I485. I am very frustrated and regretting myself that I should have been more proactive on this front, instead of passively waiting.

Approved at last!

Folks:

My case is approved, as noticed from online status! So also my spouse's!
I counted the days from ND to AD and it was a whopping 997 days! Yeah, I missed 1K days by a mere 3 days :eek:
No job changes, no location changes, not even an address change, still it took almost 33 months for my 485 approval. Who knows why it took so long and I think it is something I will never know!

My fellow 2001 filers, hang in there! Hope is on the way!

Since santo got approved, is this what's left? Anybody else here?

Piyushind ND 01/10/02
gggccc RD 01/03/2002
immiproblem ND = 12/10/01
and me

npnjan02 - Are they accepting inquiry?

Hi Npnjan02,

Are USCIS acceping inquiry for our cases? Because whenever i called 1-800-375-5283 and request to send inquiry, they always told me that i've to wait till processing date pass 02/10/2002. Then after they can send inquiry.

Piyushind

Piyushind,

gggccc had asked me the same. I don't know how it happened - I called, waited 30 min, and told them my story. They asked me if I had written to CIS (paper letter), and after I said "no" they issued the inquiry. I guess there's 2 different types - special and regular. Mine was the regular - it was exactly 4 weeks when the LUD changed, and about 32 days when the message changed. I haven't received the details yet, and I have a bad feeling about it. Maybe tonight...

to npnjan02, Piyushind, gggccc,immiproblem

npnjan02, Piyushind, gggccc,immiproblem:

Whenever I have called, I too was told there is nothing like 'special enquiry', only ' case status enquiry' is available. May be you all should write asking for it. Contents for the same is discussed here:
http://uscis.gov/graphics/services/finding.htm#other

Address & other details are here, see also the 'Customer Feedback' sec:
http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/nebraska/aboutus.htm

I think the point is to somehow make the files move via a status query, EAD/AP applications, congressional enquiry, request for a 2nd FP etc. At the end, the only confusion will be which one clicked, but is OK.
Hope this helps.

santo said:
I think the point is to somehow make the files move via a status query, EAD/AP applications, congressional enquiry, request for a 2nd FP etc. At the end, the only confusion will be which one clicked, but is OK.
Hope this helps.

I think I am getting to the same conclusion, and hoping my inquiry triggered something. :confused:

My RD is 1/23/02.

Did status inquiry on 7/13/04 and got reply in 2 weeks saying the case got delayed....

Last LUD was 7/14/04.

I am sure the inquiry triggered the LUD.