Jan02 Approval

dsatish,

Yes I am EB2. And I think the cases are only being assigned to an officer in order they were received. The rest is up to the officer and the documents and the situation, so the actual approvals are very difficult to predict...

dsatish.. read this to know the real meaning of receipt number

click this url ( FROM BCIS site)

http://www.immigration.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/scnational/index.htm#D

For most applications filed at a Service Center, your receipt may look like this: LIN 99 001 50001. In this example, the LIN represents the Nebraska Service Center, where the application was initially received into the electronic system. Cases that are filed at or received by another Service Center but processed at the NSC will generally carry the designation of the originating Service Center:

LIN = Lincoln, Nebraska or NSC
EAC = St. Albans, Vermont or VSC
SRC= Dallas, Texas or TSC
WAC= Laguna Niguel, California or CSC

In the example above:

The 99 represents the fiscal year (October 1, through September 30) in which the case was received.
The 001 represents the computer workday in the fiscal year on which the fee was taken. SO, ITS NOT THE DATE THEY OPEN YOUR CASE. . ITS NOT ACTUALLY THE DATE THEY RECEIVED FROM FEDEX. ITS THE DATE WHEN YOUR CHECKS ARE CLEARED FROM YOUR BANK. SOME BANKS TAKE MORE TIME TO CLEAR CHECKS.
The 50001 represents the particular case number.
For cases with particular case numbers starting with a 5, electronic case status information is available (see Finding the Status of Your Case, below). For cases with particular case numbers starting with a 0, you must write to request the status of your case.

hope it helps you better understanding of the receipt no.

dsatish, I don't know how long you have been using this board. The numbering scheme has been discussed plenty of times. Although I am not an active participant, I have been using the board for past 5 years. Rajput is correct -the scheme is EAC, followed by 2 digit year, followed by 3 digit working days, followed by 5 for employment based applications and last 5 digits are running serial number. There is no other answer.

Re: Jan15

Originally posted by bbbishop
RajeshJ has posted the EAC numbers based on the script. These numbers are not of any of his friends. So, don't expect any other details, unless the persons with those EAC numbers post there details personally.

I have just done my spreadsheet work and found out that those cases ND is Feb 14, 2002. If I am correct, your ND should be Feb 13th, 2002. Regarding the logic you used to speculate the RD for those cases, its OK. After all, we are all guessing here. I asked you, how did you run the script w.r.t. RD, was to confirm that I am not missing any.

Bob

I think you are slight dates are slightly off. Mine is 01/23/2002 and the EAC # has 02092!!!

Rajesh, the number 5 after the 3 digit working day does not mean it's an 'employment-based' case. The number 5 simply indicates that the electronic case status is available.

Re: Jan15

Originally posted by bbbishop
RajeshJ has posted the EAC numbers based on the script. These numbers are not of any of his friends. So, don't expect any other details, unless the persons with those EAC numbers post there details personally.

I have just done my spreadsheet work and found out that those cases ND is Feb 14, 2002. If I am correct, your ND should be Feb 13th, 2002. Regarding the logic you used to speculate the RD for those cases, its OK. After all, we are all guessing here. I asked you, how did you run the script w.r.t. RD, was to confirm that I am not missing any.

Bob

I think you are slight dates are slightly off. Mine is 01/23/2002 and the EAC # has 02092!!!