Jan 2012 N400 tracker

Hi Nothere2001, I tried to make an infopass appointment on line. I guess it should be the case below

"Case Services follow-up appointment - If it has been over 45 days since you contacted NCSC and have not received a response to your inquiry. You must bring the Service Request ID Number related to your inquiry to the appointment. "

But I don't have a previous inquiry so no Service Request ID Number. How do we setup an infopass then.

Thanks for your help.

Hi Nothere2001, I tried to make an infopass appointment on line. I guess it should be the case below

"Case Services follow-up appointment - If it has been over 45 days since you contacted NCSC and have not received a response to your inquiry. You must bring the Service Request ID Number related to your inquiry to the appointment. "

But I don't have a previous inquiry so no Service Request ID Number. How do we setup an infopass then.

Thanks for your help.

I have read on the web that even if you do not have a Service request they will still talk with you. Not sure how reliable that is but it is still worth a try (Has anyone out there actually done it?). Also, why don't you make a service request? I have never made one but from what i can tell it is done via the phone and also does not cost anything. I think you primary goal is to bring attention to your case. If it is siting on someone's desk the info pass and/or the service request will "make" them look at it. If your application is solid any movement is good movement. This could be all speculation on my part but it make sense in my head. Maybe other can opine on my advice as to whether it is wishful thinking or could help you out. Hope this help!

Just got text 8pm CST that my case is now scheduled for the interview. Im guessing it will be a date in May.

Funny thing that they send it to me on a holiday at 8pm. Somebody is working late at your neighborhood immigration office.

Ok.....so my interview is in 3 days.....I have all my papers ready ....but am sooo nervous about the oral civics test! Please give me courage friends.......need it badly ! :)

Ok.....so my interview is in 3 days.....I have all my papers ready ....but am sooo nervous about the oral civics test! Please give me courage friends.......need it badly ! :)

Can you list the documents that you would need to bring please? That will help me a lot

Will pray for you but memorize the answers its just 100 questions. And know your senators and US reps for your state. I am sure that you will do well.

Mine is marriage based filing so I'm mainly bringing.....my marriage certificate,hubby's citizenship certificate, children's BC,joint documents,some family pics and travel documents ,tax transcripts,my passport,drivers license,GC,2 pp photos. + the NoA and IL and YL.

Interview today

Hi all,

I just finished my interview and wanted to update you. I was quite nervous myself this morning actually so I feel your pain.

My interview time was set for 7:15. I arrived 20 minutes early. The building was not very busy so that was plenty of time. The IO was very friendly and professional. After swearing me in, he went over my application with me step-by-step, asking me pretty much every single question on there which helped me calm down a little. I had a minor tax issue one year and when we got to the tax question, I answered truthfully and he asked if I had documentation for it with me which I answered with yes.

Afterwards he moved on straight to the civics test. My questions were:

What did the Declaration of Independence do?
Name one branch of the government.
We elect a US Senator for how many years?
If both President and Vice President can no longer serve, who becomes President?
What does the President's Cabinet do?
How many justices are on the Supreme Court?

They were in different order though.

Then he had me read: What country borders the South of the United States?
I had to write: Mexico borders the south of the United States.

He then congratulated me on passing the test and said he now needed to see the tax paper documentation that I told him about earlier. He added them to my file, had me sign a bunch of pages and congratulated me on the approval of my application and told me to expect my oath ceremony letter in the mail.

One little issue I had was that he asked me for a copy of my birth certificate which I did not have with me. Luckily he had a copy of it in his file that I had included and that was okay but I recommend bringing as much documentation as possible... you never know what you will get asked for:)

The whole process took about 30 minutes.

For those of you waiting for your interviews still, I wish you good luck and don't stress too much :)

DO: Atlanta
1/10/12: Sent N 400 to Texas via USPS Express
1/11/12: Documents delivered
1/16/12: Check cashed
1/17/12: Received NOA
1/23/12: FP notice mailed
1/27/12: FP notice received, scheduled for 2/01/12
1/30/12: FP done (walk-in)
2/24/12: YL
3/02/12: In line for Interview
3/02/12: Scheduled for Interview
3/08/12: Interview Letter
4/09/12: Interview Date/Recommended for Approval :)

Last edited by a moderator:
scheduled for interview :)

I'm happy to see my application is finally moving along. My online status changed to scheduled for interview. I'm very excited, and it's time to start studying! Waiting for the Interview Appointment letter now..

2 Quick questions; I had some minor traffic tickets that I disclosed on my N400, and the yellow leter is reminding me to bring court dispositions! However, these citations are more that 7 years old, and I could not get any records. Is this going to be a problem?

I'm also planning to file for a tax return extension with the IRS this year, and I currently don't owe anything to the IRS, is this going to be ok?

Thanks, and good luck to all!

01/23/12 N400 mailed express mail
01/24/12 Delivered to Phoenix, AZ office
01/25/12 Priority Date
01/27/12 NOA Mailed
01/28/12 USCIS email/sms confirmations received
01/30/12 Check cashed
01/31/12 NOA Recieved (I-797C)
02/14/12 USCIS FP email/txt received
02/16/12 FP letter received (Appointment 03/07/12)
02/27/12 FD Done (Walk-in)
03/13/12 YL received
04/09/12 Online Status Changed to Testing and Interview
04/09/12 Online Status Changed to scheduled for interview
xx/xx/12 IL received
xx/xx/12 Interview
xx/xx/12 Oath Ceremony

Congratulations on clearing your interview!

Thank you, smile1 and I wish you good luck on the 12th also. I know you are nervous but don't worry too much. We made it this far... we are almost there :) My mind hasn't really processed fully yet. I was so excited before my interview date and now I feel sort of numb still. Be sure to post an update for us to let us know how it went.

Just checked my status on USCIS website and it is already changed to Oath Ceremony after just one day. It says I am in oath scheduling que :) The IO told me yesterday that my oath ceremony will have to be done at a court because I am requesting a name change which means there needs to be a judge present. The IO said this could significantly prolong my wait for an oath date. I hope that is not the case.

DO: Atlanta
1/10/12: Sent N 400 to Texas via USPS Express
1/11/12: Documents delivered
1/16/12: Check cashed
1/17/12: Received NOA
1/23/12: FP notice mailed
1/27/12: FP notice received, scheduled for 2/01/12
1/30/12: FP done (walk-in)
2/24/12: YL
3/02/12: In line for Interview
3/02/12: Scheduled for Interview
3/08/12: Interview Letter
4/09/12: Interview Date/Recommended for Approval
4/10/12: In que for Oath Ceremony Scheduling

Interview cleared!!!

Yay......cleared my interview....was super easy.....and oath ceremony is on april 20th! I posted a separate thread with detailed interview experience. Now have to file N600 for daughter. Good luck to all and thanks a ton to everybody who helped,guided and electronically held my hand through this journey :))

Yay......cleared my interview....was super easy.....and oath ceremony is on april 20th! I posted a separate thread with detailed interview experience. Now have to file N600 for daughter. Good luck to all and thanks a ton to everybody who helped,guided and electronically held my hand through this journey :))

Congratulation, smile1 :) Looks like you will be a citizen in about a week!!! I guess I will be waiting until July 23 because I requested the name change and that's when they will have the next oath ceremony scheduled in my court district...

Interview Letter Received

Interview next month :)

01/23/12 N400 mailed express mail
01/24/12 Delivered to Phoenix, AZ office
01/25/12 Priority Date
01/27/12 NOA Mailed
01/28/12 USCIS email/sms confirmations received
01/30/12 Check cashed
01/31/12 NOA Recieved (I-797C)
02/14/12 USCIS FP email/txt received
02/16/12 FP letter received (Appointment 03/07/12)
02/27/12 FD Done (Walk-in)
03/13/12 YL received
04/09/12 Online Status Changed to Testing and Interview
04/09/12 Online Status Changed to scheduled for interview
04/13/12 IL received
05/17/12 Interview
xx/xx/12 Oath Ceremony

Yohooooo.......I am a US citizen today! Had my oath ceremony this morning.......took about 1 and1/2 hrs. We were 137 people sworn in today. A few had their toddlers and babies with them. I have to admit it was an emotional moment!
Thanks to all for all your support and good luck to those in line!

Smile1, please accept my congratulations on successful completing the project "US citizenship"! Good luck with your daughter's naturalization!