Jan 2004 interview @ Mumbai Consulate

gc121802:

This question was posted elsewhere and was answered. Anyway here is the answer: I-824 receipt takes about 3-4 weeks. To get interview from the time AC I-140 packet is mailed to the consulate assuming all documents are included and complete, one can expect an interview in about 4 months!

zapit:

1) For CP interview at Mumbai Consulate, Do u stand in line in the morning or you go straight inside the Consulate?
Answer: No line for immigrant interview. Show your appointment letter and walk in. No purses allowed. Only transparent envelopes allowed to carry your cp documents. REfer this link for details on bbay consulate on interview day...
http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=94430

2) Regarding CP documents, Bank statement is it normal monthly statement that bank mails or some different kind of Bank statement you need from the bank.
Answer: Monthly bank statement or Online statements are accepted. Also it is recommended to carry a letter from the bank signed by the bank manager which states your current checking and savings balances with dates when it was opened and that your accounts are in good standing.

3) About Medical, It seems that most people got medical done in one day. Do they do TB Skin test? In which case you need to go after 2-3 days to measure skin reaction, if it is +ve (because of BCG) they take X ray to clear you (this was done for I-485 here).
Answer: No TB Skin test. Directly X-ray is taken. And yes all 3 bbay hospitals return your medicals results same day by 4-5pm in some cases even by 1pm if a simple case.

Thanks for the replay to my question of P4 guys.

Does any one know what forms of payment other that DD from Indian Bank are acceptable? Cash (USD), cashiers check from US bank etc.?

Thanks

Contacting Mumbai Consulate

I tried to call Mumbai consulate on (22) 2363-3611.
It plays recorded msg " contact consulate by email ......and so... " and then disconnects.

I read many people have successfully talked to Consulate person
Any suggestion pl.?

thanks

zapit:

If you are calling from usa then call when it is 10-10:30pm EST which is 8:30-9am Indian Standard Time that is when the consulate opens and there is a high chance of getting through the information officer. ALso if no one answers for couple of minutes hit '0', on your telephone dial pad (not sure what this theory is but it had worked for me or i am superstitious).

Guys,

I am leaving for India tomorrow for the Jan 28th interview.

Anyone else for Jan28th?

astra:

It was nice talking to you a while back. As always all the best...and keep calm on the day of your interview.

kd1403:

It was nice talking to you too.. also called up kkulkar

Thanks a lot to both of you for all the help during the last few months.

Will keep everyone posted.