Jan 2004 interview @ Mumbai Consulate

astra

Registered Users (C)
Hello guys

Thought of starting a new thread for all of Jan 2004 interviews at the Mumbai consulate.

Here's my details... .
intvw - Jan 28th.
reaching Mumbai - Jan 18th
medicals - Jan 19th

Need to apply for transit visa. flying by Swiss.

My interview is on Jan 15.
Reaching Mumbai on Jan 9; Medicals on Jan 12.

Flying Northwest via Amsterdam. No transit Visa reqd. Checked with Dutch consulate.

Interview Jan 27, 2004

Hi,

My interview is on Jan 27, 2004 at Mumbai.
Travel date not finalized yet, looking for tickets from SFO
Any ideas, on good deal on air travel?

Thanks
zapit.

Received Packet 4 today...

Contains appt letter, DS 230 Part I & II forms, instructions on medicals, photos etc.

astra,
how long did it take to receive packet4? I mean you would have known by calling the US Consulate Mumbai ahead of time?

I am expecting a FEB interview and have just booked my tikcets for mid Jan and kind of wondering whether I will receive packet4 on time or not?
By the way,my case was registered with mumbai on 5th dec and I have requested them for an earfly FEB Interview date. So far no info. from them regarding my interview date....

vermontcp,

I had called Mumbai consulate a few days before the Jan intvw dates were published.

The lady whom I spoke told me my intvw date and also mentioned that the packet 4 had been mailed out 2 days before.

If you call the consulate, you should be able to find out.

vermontcp:

Normally the p4's are mailed out around 4th of the month, interview dates are published 15th of the month and the p4's reach individuals hands between 27th-30th/31st of that month!

So if you are planning to leave mid jan for an expected feb interview that it is very unlikely that you will get your p4 in usa. But you or your folks can still pick a duplicate in india by giving your case number.

FREE ADVICE: Again it is normally not recommended to purchase air tickets prior to confirmation of interview dates sicne they can be scheduled anywhere from 1st day of the month to the last day and again for certain reasons can be scheduled in a month other than the expected month!

wow that late (29th of the month). So what happens for people who have early month interview dates?
Suppose someone's interview date is 6th of the month & he gets his packet on 29th of the previous mth he hardly has time to prepare ...
Anyways,thanks for letting me know about the dates...

Well you are right vermontcp...ones who have interviews scheduled in the first week of the month may not get their p4 in usa in time since they may have left usa for the interview in their home country.

Normally P4's are mailed to an embassy in usa (Washington DC for Eastern region; not sure about others other regions), from there they are mailed to respective attorneys and candidates. Hence the 3-3.5 week mailing time between consulate in home country and p4 reaching candidate in usa!

For those who cannot get p4 in usa since they have left for their home country..best option is to pick up a duplicate from the consulate itself or have them mail it to an indian address!

astra:

congrats on the swiss visa! I am guessing you are all set for your india trip and especially the cp interview. So are you counting days now or hours! :p

ALL THE BEST!

Interview on 15th

Guys

I am leaving on thursday morning for my interview on Jan 15th. Countdown stage now in days. Got local PCCs as well. Consulate said my wife will need local one and I got one also to be on safe side. I will be flying KLM/NW and checked with Dutch consulate: no transit visa needed if one has valid US visa in passport.

Will update you soon. Any last minute advice is welcome.

KAT02.

Re: Packet 4

Originally posted by aosorcp
How is packet 4 sent, by post or by courier(UPS/DHL/FedEx)?

Within US by USPS. It first reaches DoS or NVC by other means.

Raju

Packet 4's for everyone are enclosed in one huge sealed envelope and sent by courier to Washington DC for EAstern USA region (not sure where it is sent for other regions).
From Washington DC or other regional centers, then it is individually mailed by usps to each attorney and the gc candidate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did any of you guys did 824, AC140 ????

How much time it takes from AC140 filing to interview date

CP at Mumbai Consulate

1) For CP interview at Mumbai Consulate, Do u stand in line in the morning or you go straight inside the Consulate?

2) Regarding CP documents, Bank statement is it normal monthly statement that bank mails or some different kind of Bank statement you need from the bank.

3) About Medical, It seems that most people got medical done in one day. Do they do TB Skin test? In which case you need to go after 2-3 days to measure skin reaction, if it is +ve (because of BCG) they take X ray to clear you (this was done for I-485 here)

Thanks