Jan 2002 RD, Still Waiting - What else can I do?

vg333

Registered Users (C)
First FP May 02
Second FP Nov 03
EAC020915****

Online status still indicates that the first FP was received. There is no information on the second FP or anything else. I initiated an inquiry and received a very useless letter stating that delays are due to lack of resources.

Is there anything else that I can do? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Join Hands with folks in the same boat

And do something pro-active, instead of just banging your head against
the walls.

I am also the same status.
Did you tried to contact the congressmen.

RD-01/24/2002
ND-02/06/2002
FP2- 04/05/2004
FBI Name Check Done-09/01/2004.
Applied 4th EAD.
AD-???????????

vg333 said:
First FP June 03
Second FP May 04
EAC020915****

Online status still indicates that the first FP was received. There is no information on the second FP or anything else. I initiated an inquiry and received a very useless letter stating that delays are due to lack of resources.

Is there anything else that I can do? Thanks in advance.

From other threads >>>> Contact Congressman and Senator. Send request to expedite application. Contact the ombudsman. Just keep chipping away at every possible inquiry option.

I wrote to the congressman last week and received a reply from his office that an enquiry has been initiated. Not sure if this will lead to any success.

FBI hotline says that my 2nd FP results have been sent to the USCIS on Nov 26th 03. USCIS is still reporting my FP results have been received from the first FP in 2002.

i-485 08/2002 Case

Hi,

I am in the same frustrating situation:

My I-485 with Vermont center got filed on 08/30/2002 (my application receipt date). The current I-485 processing time of this center posted on CIS web site is 06/01/2003. I've not received any letter from CIS.

Based on the on-line status check by keying in my case number, the following message is posted:
"On October 23, 2002, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made."

This is actually for my 1st time FP. I did the second time FP this march but the message has stayed the same forever and there is no update for the 2nd time FP.

I then called FBI and was told that my FP result was sent back to CIS the following day after FBI recieved the submission.

I now wonder:
1. If the delay could be caused by name check though I am not quite sure what kind of procedure it is and how to check its status.

2. If CIS update the on-line status check promptly and does it really reflect the real status? Is it possible that I missed the mail from CIS?

Thanks for a lot for any input or suggestions on what could be possibly happening with my case and what action I could take for an investigation.

ping07192002

do you live in VSC jurisdiction?.

I live in Chicago and since Chicago falls under NSC my FP2 was sent to NSC and no updates at all... I am wondering if this is a cause for your delay in processing..

JJ

I-485 vsc delay

JJ,

I live in Texas but my I-485 got filed in VSC. Are you saying the FP2 could have possibly been sent to TX?

Thanks.

same boat : Fun part is I did following
1, Contacted Congressman
2, Senator
3, Initiated enquiry USCIS

Nothing ... Senator replied ... pending for REST OF THE SECURITY CHECKS ...

How long did it take for Name Check e-mail ?

After you e-mailed FBI about Name Check, how long did it take for them
to respond ?

ping07192002:

In my case, since I live in Chicago my FP2 was sent to NSC by FBI instead of VSC. I think now i will have to wait until NSC sends my FP2 to VSC.

Also I heard that FP database is inter-connected between service centers - I hope this is true..

When you call up FBI... you can specifically ask them which service center did they forward your FP..

JJ

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi JJ,

I just called FBI again after reading your message to check where they sent my 2nd time FP result. They told it was sent to Texas where I live in. But my I-485 is in Vermont.

So this could be the reason of the delay. What did you do to correct it?

Thanks a bunch for the response.

Jenny

ping07192002:

I dont know how to correct it either... I am waiting.... I guess we will have to wait until FP are forwarded to VSC..

I am thinking initiating an status enquiry.. I hope that will trigger some thing..

JJ

JJ,

I think we should contact our attorneys and initiate a request to INS to either re-do the finger print which I prefer, or to ask the wrong center who got the FP result to forward it to the right center which might take longer than just re-do it.

I have just contacted my attorney asking what we should do. Have you talked to yours?

I'll have to send them an email...

I am not sure if local ASC will let us re-do FP...

an other option is write a letter to VSC and let them know about this... dont know if that is going to help.

JJ

Hello gurus,
I'm in the same boat my I-485 RD is Jan 16th 2002(Don't get confuse with user Id). i gave my first fp on april 2002 since then i haven't heard anything about my case.no second FP , NO RFE, No Approval. I contacted my local senator here they found out that my name check has been cleared on Jan 2003. she called VSC to find out whether they have my name check results they said they have my name check results and waiting on Internal (USCIS internal) security checks.i received response my status inquiry on last saturday which states that They are waiting to hear from another office as soon as they hear they will resume my case.

Guys Give my siuation above is there any thing else i can do so that i can speed up the processing?
Thanks