Hi Folks,

Our cases (for me & my spouse both) have been approved after a really long wait
RD: Jan 7th 2002
Nd: Jan 22nd 2002
FP1: March 2002
FP2: July 2003
FP3: Dec 2003
AD: October 20 2004

Our cases were stuck because of the Name Check, It got cleared from Name Check after 20 months. We received email from Mr. Hardy on Sept 13 2004 that they completed Name check & forwarded to USCIS. After that I took help from the office of Sen. Charles Schumacher... Very Helpful Lady - Anita.

She told us last week that they are working on the case & you will hear from them soon & our case got approved on October 20 2004

I would really like to thank everybody on this website, specially Rajiv Khanna for creating & maintaining this wonderful site, which helps so many immigrants from all over the world to overcome their challenges & find information which is needed by them relevant to his/her situation.

We are so excited, Planning a trip to India soon in December, not gone back since we came here that is 1997 - so it is like 7 years

Any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. As we have gone thru a lot during last few years, We can definitely say there is light at the end of the tunnel, so people who are waiting just hang in there, next is your turn.

Thanks!

Samina & Abbas

Hi,
Could you post the details, what you did to get the name check cleared from FBI.

I recently found from uscis local office, that my name check data is not available to uscis. I sent an email to fbi office to find the name check status.

Thank You

Samina and Abbas ... Mubarak to both of you !!!

As you can see in my signature .... I got FP Clear and FBI name check clear. Contacted Senator Office and they sent me a letter quoting USCIS that my case is merely pending and going through security checks.

I am worndering what are those checks besides these. I even sent The senator copy of Email from Mr. Hardy. They said we should wait and try again after a few weeks.

I was happy as to THE CHECKS are Done. Dont know what to do now.

Q. Can you kindly tell me the Date they cleared your name checks .. must be 2 diff dates.

Samina and Abbas
Ramadan mubaarak

I know how u might have felt in these 7 years, as I too am in the same boat, came here in 1997 and didn't go to india not even once until now (7 years 2 months 5 days and counting.......)

Explorer .. Initiate enquiry on I485 . now .. Last time I called USCIS they said wait till Processing dates Change .... I guess we all can Initiate Enquiries

Hi cheekoo
I cannot initiate enquiry as you can see my Nd is 27 Feb 2004 and I need to wait for some more time to do that

Question to Samina

Samina,

Congrats.

What u did to get Name Check Clearance. My case is also pending at FBI Name Check since Oct 2003.

Please reply

samina said:
Hi Folks,

Our cases (for me & my spouse both) have been approved after a really long wait
RD: Jan 7th 2002
Nd: Jan 22nd 2002
FP1: March 2002
FP2: July 2003
FP3: Dec 2003
AD: October 20 2004

Our cases were stuck because of the Name Check, It got cleared from Name Check after 20 months. We received email from Mr. Hardy on Sept 13 2004 that they completed Name check & forwarded to USCIS. After that I took help from the office of Sen. Charles Schumacher... Very Helpful Lady - Anita.

She told us last week that they are working on the case & you will hear from them soon & our case got approved on October 20 2004

I would really like to thank everybody on this website, specially Rajiv Khanna for creating & maintaining this wonderful site, which helps so many immigrants from all over the world to overcome their challenges & find information which is needed by them relevant to his/her situation.

We are so excited, Planning a trip to India soon in December, not gone back since we came here that is 1997 - so it is like 7 years

Any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. As we have gone thru a lot during last few years, We can definitely say there is light at the end of the tunnel, so people who are waiting just hang in there, next is your turn.

Thanks!

Samina & Abbas

Hi, Samina & GC-09-03:

How did you guy find out that your cases get stuck due to FBI name check.

I have friend whose I485 filed in Sep. 2001 still pend by now.

thanks

Hi folks, here we go

* ma_newuser,
we faxed FBI Name check every thirty days before they cleared the check
i would recommend to fax them every 2-3 weeks, though they reply the same, keep doing it until they clear your name.

* Chekoo & GC_09_2003 & Robert8
We just faxed for FBI Name check only, Sept 13 2004 we received email from Mr. Hardy that Name check was cleared & forwared to USCIS, I contacted Senator on Sept 14th 2004, She said that they(Vermont) don't have any update yet, So i followed up with her on 30th sept once again, she called vermont & told me that they have just received info. that afternoon & will follow up in a week or so, I called her on 12th October once again, she said Case is with the supervisor & you will be hear from them SOON.

October 20th 2004, We received email from USCIS & website was updated with approval.

Any other questions?

Thanks so much to all of you for your warm wishes

Samina & Abbas