Jan 2001 case transferred to Local INS(Baltimore).

KV29

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
VSC is going very fast. Today I got a Transfer Notice from INS,VT. My details are as follows :

Category : EB2.
I485 ND : Jan 5,2001
PD Current.
FP : 05/12/01
Trnsfer Date(ND of Transfer Notice) : June 4,2001.

Any idea what I can expect next ?? Any guess about the furthur time it would take for my GC.

Have a great day.

VL

No Title

You might recive transfernotice via mail.
Where you live? In Virginia or Baltimore?
Please tell
I guess you will have 2-3 months uget yur green card now
good luck

No Title

Yes Shama, my ND is in fact correct. I have already received the transfer notice in mail and am sitting with my fingers crossed for furthur correspondence with INS...

No Title

What does you transfer notice say?? "Prelimenery processing completed......." or "In order to speed up processing........."

No Title

Preliminary processing completed...

what is the difference between the two notices in terms of furthur time it should take for GC ???

No Title

Krishnakant,

please let us know what AVM says about your case. I am also
Jan 2001 waiter and had finger print on May 12th. AVM says
\'Case Not found\'

No Title

Hi pagladashu,

For my case also till yesterday night, the AVM says the same old crap : Case Not found....Till sometimes last month, it use to say the old message : Case received blah....it takes approx. 365 to 540 days and so on....

Hope this helps. Keep your finger crossed and you may also receive the transfer notice in a day or two...

But is it really good being our cases transferred to Baltimore, because if more cases are transferred then it may take more time for the approval... Any guess how long does Baltimore takes to schedule an interview ??

No Title

Was your AVM message got updated with transfer info..???

thanks for giving us your information. Great Help and all the very best.

No Title

I always see cases are being transferred to Baltimore and not to another area. For example to Newerk, NJ. Why is this. Does anyone any
insight into this. Thanks

No Title

I really don\'t know the difference time-wise. But I have seen people posting with both messages. I got the preleminary pro comepleted kinda notice on May 18th. Lot of people started getting these transfers in April time frame. So far no-one has been interviewed. HAS ANYONE received INTERVIEW NOTICE from BALTIMORE!!!!

No Title

YES, there\'s a couple I believe.

Regular visitors of this site too:
a friend of KARRI has an interview appointment
on 6/19/01 who\'s case got transferred last 4/18/01.

another one is ListUser who\'s scheduled for interview
too on 6/19/01 and got transferred on 4/19/01.

My case got transferred a week later 4/27/01 and
I am still eagerly waiting for my interview notice!
My details are PD 11/98 ND 10/12/00 FP 12/26/00
EB3 and country: OTHERS

Goodluck to us all!

GMC

No Title

I believe VSC are merely transferring workloads
to local offices...you know delegating and dividing
works hopefully for faster results :)

But approval results still differs from diff local
offices. I am hoping Baltimore are faster!

GMC

No Title

I couldn\'t wait for the interview notice either... but I am more excited to hear what ListUser and KARRI have to say about the interview... Hope they are stamped on the same day.. Best of luck...