Jan 02 case approved but need help

kmysore02

Registered Users (C)
Mine and my wife's cases were tranferred from Vermont Center to OKlahoma City in Aug. 2003. We had to do re-finger priniting in November. Luckily we got our interview on Jan 04.

In the interview everything was fine except one of the immunization record (for tetanus) was missing for my wife. The officer told us that just take the immunization and send in the document along with one photograph for each of us and we will send you a temporary green card. I asked the officer if we need to get our passport stamped. The officer said not required the temporary card should be fine.

One March 17 we got the approval letter along with a temporary green card (valid for 1 year). It looks like I-94 card with our pictures pasted on it . I never heard of any temporary green card before. The letter also said that we will be recieving the actual card from Texas service center in few months.

Experts in this forum please comment if you have heard anything like this before. Is it okay if the passport is not stamped? We plan to travel to Europe this summer and is it okay to travel with this temporary green card? Thank you for your comments.

Originally posted by kmysore02
Does anyone know how long it will take to get the plastic card from Texas Service Center?

You should ask this question in 485-TSC forum. Just my opinion.