Jan - 01 Case Got Approved.

samUsam

Registered Users (C)
Let me convey my sincere thanks to one and all on this board, including the sponsors and information providers.

1987-1989 did Masters from UCLA
Went back to India,
1995-1999 did Ph.D. from Penn State
Working in US from 1999 Feb until Now.
No RFE,
NIW, Self Petition, Changed Job soon after I-485 application

I-140 Nov 24/00 approved
I-485 RD 1/24/01 , ND 2/1/01, FP 5/30/01, Adju 3/4/02, Received the courtesy copy today.
Updated the Immitracker,
If anyone needs extra info, I will be happy to answer them.
Once again Keep this group neat and clean from racial slurs and bad language, this is a great form where we unite as one community, without any regard to religion, culture, age, race etc.

congratulations and question

Will different categories influence the approval speed? I saw lots of June cases approved, but yours is Jan.

No Title

Thanks for your responses:
With INS, one cannot forcast, the rate of their approvals.
It totally depends on the person under whom the case is assigned, it is quite possible if it is with an young person, and he does the work fast you get your approvals fast and he is assinged with a new batch of cases and so on. I-485 approvals should not depend on the types, but what I have observed was somewhat different, EB-2 was getting approved faster than EB1 and EB3 was the last. This is purely my observation.

With regard to my approval being so late, I don\'t know the reason. the only thing I can guess right now is my case was assigned to a slow paced IIO.

Hence the word of the day is apply for I-485 and forget about it, until you get a call from INS. till then put the scene onto a back burner.

I hope this answers the questions I had so far.