JAI GURUDEV!!!!! Approved ND Sep '02

jai gurudev

Registered Users (C)
Dear Friends,

I am very pleased to let you know that my case has been approved. I have been a silent spectator on this forum, deriving a lot of inspiration from all of you to keep chugging along inspite of the tremendous hardships that we have all suffered. Indeed, I have learnt that it's not worth worrying about things beyond our control. Just have faith that it has to happen sometime. Given this increased vigor that we are seeing at the VT service center, I am sure all of you will get your approval soon.

My journey has been a huge sinusoidal wave of sorts with all the contents of a bad hindi movie. I have been in this country for 10.5 years and have seen many of my friends even get their citizenships. My co. handled all my filings with very little involvement on my part, at least at the preliminary stages until some big screwup's from which point I was forced to be closely involved. The moral of the story: Give your 100% in everything, GC process included!

There are too many details to describe. The gist is as follows:

Labor (RIR): June 1999. (EB2)
I-140: June 2000.
I-485 (ND Oct 3, 2002) EAC 03 003 5xxxx
No RFE's, LUD Changed only once after Nov 14, 2002 i.e., yesterday when it was approved.
AD: Sep 7, 2004.

My wife's petition has not been approved yet. I am hoping it will be soon. Good luck to all of you. I am certain that the light is at the end of a very short tunnel. Hang in there and have faith.

My special thanks to Rajiv Khanna for maintaining this wonderful site and to all you folk for the encouragement in those trying moments.

JGD

Sorry, I am delirious from being awake all night. I was so excited that I hardly slept a wink. I got the email at 10.35pm last night. My FP details are as follows:

FP1 : Sep 2002
FP2: July 2, 2004

Three EAD's and AP's along the way.

Gorilla (nice userid :))

My FP2 was done on July 2, 2004 at Newark. It was quite odd that the LUD never got updated since my FP1 and was displaying the same message "On Nov 14, 2002, the results of your finger printing... etc etc". I called USCIS call center twice last week for the status on my case. The first time, the lady that I spoke with wanted to know my "A" number. She told me that she has to initiate a "case inquiry" on my case. Since I did not have the A number with me on that day, I called them back the next day. But this time a different lady spoke with me. She just read out the same message that I'd always been seeing on the case status webpage. Obviously, she did not have anything else to add.

I am not sure if that triggered the approval. My wife's case has not been approved yet. I am planning on following the same course for my wife if it does not get approved within a few days. Does anyone have experiences to share in this regard? If not approved simultaneously, what is the length of time for the spouse's case to be approved?

Regards,
JGD