J2 visa inquiry

ursalman

My wife is J1 scholar from August 2007, i got my J2 visa stamped on August 2008 and two year rule applies. What i want to know is,
1. As visa for both of us will expire on August 2009, can I switch to anyother kind of visa to get to independent status.
2. I got H1-B in Year 2007, I filed the case of H-1B with my J-2, but i still get no result on H1-B , is there any procedure so that i can get my H1-B stamped here in USA.

Thanks for your guidance and help in advance.

My wife is J1 scholar from August 2007, i got my J2 visa stamped on August 2008 and two year rule applies. What i want to know is,
1. As visa for both of us will expire on August 2009, can I switch to anyother kind of visa to get to independent status.
2. I got H1-B in Year 2007, I filed the case of H-1B with my J-2, but i still get no result on H1-B , is there any procedure so that i can get my H1-B stamped here in USA.

Thanks for your guidance and help in advance.

1- you can switch if you get J waiver or you are not subject to the 2 year home country residence requirement. You can not apply for J1 unless you stay outside the US for one year bar (the time required between two Js, either you are subject to the 2 year or not)
2- By getting the J2, this will stuck your H till they prove that you are not subject to the 2 year. If you are subject, then the H will be denied.