J2 to H1B

mdmd

Hi

I am a J2 (since July 2006) , as a dependent to my spouse, who is a MD, doing a fellowship here.

I have an EAD since September, and my employer is interested in sponsoring a H1B visa for me, and then applying for a green card.

what possibilities do I have given the 212(e) 2 year HRR requirements on me & my spouse?

Thank You, E

Your husband will need to work at "underserved" area after his fellowship to get rid of his J1 2 year HRR requirement.

Basic info is here:
http://travel.state.gov/pdf/J_WaiverFAQ21-DEC-06.pdf

Get a good attorney to get help with your case but I doubt you will get out of the 2 year HRR requirement before your husband finishes his fellowship and gets a waiver.

Hi

I am a J2 (since July 2006) , as a dependent to my spouse, who is a MD, doing a fellowship here.

I have an EAD since September, and my employer is interested in sponsoring a H1B visa for me, and then applying for a green card.

what possibilities do I have given the 212(e) 2 year HRR requirements on me & my spouse?

Thank You, E

Hi!

mdmd...what were you able to do? were you able to change status to the H1B for you? what happened to your spouse's J-1?

i am basically in the same position, but not yet offered a H1B visa but i know i will be able.

thanxs!
A