j2 EAD

drmathews

Registered Users (C)
I am in j1,my visa ends in june 25th,however my visa is extended uptill august but i cannot work between july to august.My spouse had EAD in past wants to reapply for EAD for the extended duration of 2-3 months.We have provided required details including financial and expense summary to USCIS.Do any one know if they will approve short term EAD's.Please let me know guys if any one had applied for short term EAD's.Thanks.

I am in j1,my visa ends in june 25th,however my visa is extended uptill august but i cannot work between july to august.My spouse had EAD in past wants to reapply for EAD for the extended duration of 2-3 months.We have provided required details including financial and expense summary to USCIS.Do any one know if they will approve short term EAD's.Please let me know guys if any one had applied for short term EAD's.Thanks.

Yes, they renew the EAD to one year or to the end of DS whichever shorter. My wife applied and approved in 4/4/06 but the officer found that she has five more months left in her DS, then she was issue the EAD from 4/4/07-08/07 (1.5 years). In her first EAD, there was 6 months only left in our DS (before extension) and she was issued the EAD for only 6 months. (2/03-08/03)

Help with EAD renewal

Hi! i kind of have a similar question about this.

I have my j-2 visa since december 2007, arrived at usa dec 2nd. Applied for EAD dec 19th. it was approved and i received it jan 30th.

My case is this: my j-2 visa expires June 25th because of my husbands J1 visa is a 1year basis, and his expires the same june 25th when his 3rd year of residency finishes. If we stay in the us past that time there is no problem cause we would still be legal aliens because the status of our new DS-2019 will say we are till June 25th 2009.

my problem or question: is there gonna be a problem when i try to find a job?? because it says on my EAD that it expires in just a couple of months (June 25th 2008), that leaves me march-april-may-june to work. how can i renew my EAD while i keep working, will they have problems or they are okey if they know i will get my new DS-2019 without any problem? without having to go to my country to renew our visas. And how much time before my EAD expires i have to apply for renewal? i read 6mo before....absurd...and they will ask for my new DS_2019 and i wont have it...how can i do???

PLease help me! i just want answers before i have interviews for a job so if they ask i can answer knowing what to expect also.

Thanxs in advance!
A.