J1 wavier-emergency and worried

alegend

Hi, everyone,
I hope there are some good and experienced people can help me in this case.
I came USA since two years ago as a J1 visa, at that time, i was a exchange student, and i was just assigned to two year rule, but Now I am studying at U.S for my master as a F1 visa, I want to find a reason to make the J1 two year rule record wavied, do you know what kind of reason can support me to get it wavied? since it does matter to my career in the future

I am really worried and confused.... :(

Thank you so much
I hope some Chinese friends can help me, since Chinese people are awesome,I believe...!

look forward to your reply

Are you subject to the two-year rule based on the skill list or the government funding? (This is indicated on the DS-2019.)

If it is a skill list, it is easier to get it waived with the no-objection letter from your country's embassy. The process takes up to 3 months, so it's a good idea to get started as early as possible.

Hi everyone, I am from West Africa- Cameroon. I just finished my PhD in Germany to start My postdoc in the US in Nov 2010. My postdoc offer is for three years but my J1 visa was issued with two year home stay. I tried discussing this with the consular office but she said that my country falls in the list of "skills". What should i do as i need this waiver?

Thanks

Hi everyone, I am from West Africa- Cameroon. I just finished my PhD in Germany to start My postdoc in the US in Nov 2010. My postdoc offer is for three years but my J1 visa was issued with two year home stay. I tried discussing this with the consular office but she said that my country falls in the list of "skills". What should i do as i need this waiver?

Thanks