J1 waivers

gtsreddy

Registered Users (C)
Hi Every one
can any one help me the issue which i have
My J1 visa on passport and DS forms saying that i am not applicable to 2 year home country residence rule , so will that mean i do not require waviers is that right ?? or are there any other issues which i have to confirm in this regard
thanks

Hi Every one
can any one help me the issue which i have
My J1 visa on passport and DS forms saying that i am not applicable to 2 year home country residence rule , so will that mean i do not require waviers is that right ?? or are there any other issues which i have to confirm in this regard
thanks

If you did not receive any fund from your government, US government or international organizations initially or after you start your program and your skills is not in the skills list of your country, then that is fine and you are not subject to the 2 yr HRR. If you received any of those funds or you are in that list (check the DOS web site to see this list), then you are subject and apply you should apply for advisory opinion and if the opinion is subject then apply for waiver with the DOS.

How would we get advisory opnion from DOS , can you give me little more details on this

Go to the www.dos.gov serach for advisory opinion (under J visa) and apply online, it is free. advisory opinion number will be generated immediately and you should send supporting documents (DS, Passport, I-94, .....etc). All instructions will be clear after you apply. It takes few days or so to get this opinion in written and you can follow up your case on line by that number. If you need more help just write here in the forum.

How long it usually take to get the advisory opnion from DOS ??? After i post the required documents to DOS , any time frame on this ???

How long it usually take to get the advisory opnion from DOS ??? After i post the required documents to DOS , any time frame on this ???

you should send copies of supporting documents by regular mail to the DOS, (follow the instructions after you apply on line). Usually after the DOS receive those documents by about three days or so, a decision will be made