J1 waiver/NORI form question

sam2011

I am applying for a j1 waiver and starting by filling in the NORI biodata form and affidavit issued by the consulate general of india in NY.
I am unclear how to answer several questions on it, and I'm hoping I can find some advice here:
1) Date (International Airport)of entry into the US.
Does this pertain to my first entry on J1 status? Or should I also state that I have been here on F1 status prior to that and give details of my first entry on F1?

2) Addresses or places of residence in the US.
Similar problem as in 1) : Should I also list addresses (as many as I can) where I resided while not on J1 status?

3) Please indicate the name of the scheme under which you proceeded abroad:
My positions while on J1 status have all been postdocs funded by the respective US Universities, and US grants. What should I write here?

I would greatly appreciate any help!
Many thanks and best wishes,
Sam

Hi, Sam
(1) Write, the date, when you first landed in USA , whether you had F1 status, doesnot matter, Indicate, your first date of entry, since then you have not travel outside

(2)Put your current address ,(where you can receive your correspondence) where you are living in USA, dont need to put your previous addresses of US,
(3)Put J1

If you need any further help with J1 Waiver, please do not hesitate to contact,
SevenseasAG@yahoo.com

www.sevenseasag.webs.com

Questions in completing NORI Biodata form

I am applying for a j1 waiver and starting by filling in the NORI biodata form and affidavit issued by the consulate general of india in NY.
I am unclear how to answer several questions on it, and I'm hoping I can find some advice here:
1) Date (International Airport)of entry into the US.
Does this pertain to my first entry on J1 status? Or should I also state that I have been here on F1 status prior to that and give details of my first entry on F1?

2) Addresses or places of residence in the US.
Similar problem as in 1) : Should I also list addresses (as many as I can) where I resided while not on J1 status?

3) Please indicate the name of the scheme under which you proceeded abroad:
My positions while on J1 status have all been postdocs funded by the respective US Universities, and US grants. What should I write here?

I would greatly appreciate any help!
Many thanks and best wishes,
Sam

Hi Sam,

I am filling out NORI application and I have same questions as the ones you have posted here. I also believe that you are referring the NORI forms for San Francisco consulate and I was also F1 student before I got J1 and working as a PotDoc.
May I ask what did you end up writing for these questions you mentioned. Infact I have one more question that in Affidavit form item one

- I came to the united states of america under an exchange visitor visa for the period from ____ to ____.

Should I give the current J1 Visa Issue and expiry dates here.

Thanks a lot for help.