J1 Waiver(No-Objection) Successful - Start till Finish

joejoejoe

Registered Users (C)
Dear Sirs,

Thank you to all of the nice and kind people here who are always ready to help.
As per my experience, MHRD guys are awesome; I did no follow up there. For Home Dept, I have to re-sent my docs again as first time they misplaced them; that's why it took long there. For RPO, my parents followed up continously for 2 weeks.

My timelines are:-

July 2007:- Got docs notarized & then attested from consulate.

Aug 2007:- Sent docs to parents in India.

Sept 2007:- NORI received from MHRD & RPO.

Nov 2007:- 1) NORI received from Home Dept.
2) NORIs, Passport copy, Fees & DS form sent to Consulate.
3) Sent the waiver documents along with fee to DOS.
4) Received No-Objection statement from Consulate.

Dec 2007:- 1) DOS Website showed Fee, DS-3035, DS-2019, Passport
data page and statement of reason received.
2) Received No-Objection statement from embassy and a
copy forwarded to DOS.
3) DOS received NOS from embassy.
4) DOS decision: Favorable Recommendation Sent :)

Jan 2008:- USCIS approved Waiver. :) :) :)

Best wishes to all of you.

P.S:- Sirs, I have a quick question this time. I am a trainee in IT sector and my J-1 visa is valid for another 6 months. Besides H1(65K Cap), is there any other option for me by which I can stay here and continue working on the same project? I'm not an advanced degree holder or not doing some special work; so I don't qualify for O1 Visa.
I would really appreciate your help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey congratulations!! That was real quick!

I have a few questions. Do you need a case number for sending your documents to the indian embassy and then to india? Or you can get it later once the letters are received from india? can we apply for the case number from DOS in the time that we have send the letters to india?

Secondly, what points did you stress on in the personal statement?

lastly, could you tell me which city you got ur papers done (other than delhi) , cos that was quick and nice!

brother, you gave the answer of first question yourself. I sent the docs to India and got the DOS case no after 2 months of that. Be honest in personal statement. City doesn't matter. What matters is except mhrd, you need to have somebody there to follow up.
You will get the answers to most of questions here in these forums.

Best of luck.

Congratulations for the waiver.. I am waiting on my final letter from USCIS and its been two and half months since DOS granted favorable recommendation. Can you let me know which jurisdiction (USCIS) does your case fall under? Thanks..

Hey Chinna4,

Thanks man. Call them and get the receipt no. I also did that because I did not hear from them for 3 weeks.
Best Of Luck.

Thank you.. I called them and I am surprised to hear that thay have already mailed my waiver. It was returned back to USCIS coz address not found. I have requested them to mail again. So friends please follow up if you dont hear from USCIS in about 3-4 weeks.. Thanks again for the information it was really useful..:)

Hi joejoejoe and chinna4

My visa case was approved by DOS on January 11 and I did received letter from DOS but have notyet received anything from USCIS. I tried calling them on 1-800 number and they seems to have no clue.

Any suggestion or contact number will be greatly appreciated. My case comes under Nebraska service Center.

Thanks,
UKH