j1 waiver no information regarding the status of your case

DoS letter

sorry, i meant i saw the recommendation on the DOS website.

Thank you rsneeti for the information.
I received the favorable recommendation letter today. It took 19 days for the letter to arrive since the favorable recommendation online update.
It took 15 days for them to mail the letter out from the day they wrote the letter(letter date).

Now I am waiting for the final approval from USCIS. I wonder how long shall I wait to receive the letter?
How long you had to wait to receive the final approval from USCIS?
Is there any way to check and track the update of the approval from USCIS?

As I wrote in my earlier post, My USCIS letter came before the DOS letter. I hope u get ur letter soon. But for most purposes, the DOS letter will do.

USCIS letter

As I wrote in my earlier post, My USCIS letter came before the DOS letter. I hope u get ur letter soon. But for most purposes, the DOS letter will do.

Hi rsneeti,

Thank you.You are lucky because you already received bothn USCIS final notice for the J-1 waiver and Favorable recommendation letter. From my experience, it 19 days for the DoS(Favorable recommendation letter) to arrive my place. It took 15 days for them to mail the letter(as shown on the post date) from DC from the letter date.

I wonder how long will I have to wait for the USCIS letter. But I have a receipt number that I can track. Also, you can sign up for the email notification if you have the receipt number.

It took 1 day for USCIS to receive the recomendation from DoS and they will work from that date.

Thanks.

rsneeti,

I called DoS and the lady on the phone said I had to wait until I receive the receipt number and then the final notice. She said DoS did not deal with receipt number. They advised me to call USCIS.

An advice when you called USCIS. Please mention I-612. They don't deal with DS3035 but I-612. If you are lucky, you will be entertained by a customer rep who will give you a receipt number if you don't have one. They will ask for you last name, first name,Date of birth and address.

Hi everybody,
I send my all documents and Fees to th eSt Luis Office at he end of Feb, there is nothing in the online database yet, though I know the check got cleared. Anybody recently in the citruation?
Thanks.

Hi jwaiveronline,

I'm in the same situation, but I sent my documents only a few days ago and I know that my embassy didn't send the NOS yet. Did your embassy send yours? I think it's a bit too early for us, but let me know when something shows on your online database, I 'll let you know if I have news from mine too. Good luck to all of us!

After you file the NO OBJECTION wavier and sent fee , For how long DOS will Waite for the no objection letter from the embassy. Then how long it will take to DOS to sent their recommendation , also how long it will take for the final USCIS decision . thanks

I sent 2/26, arrived on 2/28, check was cashed 3/2, NOS from embassy arrived ~3/4.

DS-3035 showed up online on 3/19, NOS on 3/26.

More than 2 months, no J1-waiver status update

It has been more than 2 months since all documents/fees/no objecttion letter have been sent out, and still there is no update on the J1-waiver status website. It simply says that the information for the case number is not yet available. All documents were submitted in August and now it is October. Has anyone else experienced this delay? How do I know that the documents were in fact received and not misplaced?

Also, another question. What if by the time I get my waiver (hopefully), I am out of status, can my J1-visa be extended past 5 years?

Any help or advise would be appreciated.

I had to wait about 4 weeks for the favorable recommendation. But now it's been almost 2 months since i got it and don't know anything about the final approval from uscis. How long can it take :mad: I need to send documents for my GC.

Is there any way to find out what is the status of my case??

My final letter from USCIS came before the letter from DOS in about 3 weeks by regular (USPS) mail. Eventually I also got the letter from DOS.