j1 waiver no information regarding the status of your case

vesra

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I mailed my online application and the required documents three weeks ago both to my embassy and Dos at the same time. When I enter my case number in DOS it still complains that there is no no information regarding the status of my case. What should I do at this stage? How long does it take for them to enter the information into database. If you can share your experiences I will be glad.

Thanks,

Do not worry. There is no time frame for DOS to take to update the status. Mine took almost three weeks. So you should see yours soon.

DOS decision

How long does DOS take to give decision about the favorable recommendation after DOS has received all the documents?
Would you guys share your timeline about this..

How long does DOS take to give decision about the favorable recommendation after DOS has received all the documents?
Would you guys share your timeline about this..

Hi britz,

In my case DoS has received all documents on February 27, about a week later online status showed that they received No objection letter from my Embassy and eleven days after Favorable recommendation has been sent.
And today, after almost four weeks, i received a copy of Favorable recommendation. Now i just need to wait for a final decision :)

BTW, does anyone know how long may it take??

waiting for DOS recommendation

Hi basiek, thank you for the reply.
I am getting anxious about the decision. Some people told me it takes about 2-3 days to hear the decision. It has been my 5 days but I have not heard the decision yet. DOS confirmed they received NOS on April 20th 2009.

It will take a while. Don't worry you'll get it soon.
I know waiting is the worst part but the day when you receive it is one of the happiest.
Mine was anyways :)
So you still have time if you won't have it after, lets say, 4 weeks (I think it's an average time) you should call USCIS but i'm sure you will get it till then :)
Good luck

DOS update

Hi Vesra,

It took 2 weeks for DOS to update receive of the dcouments except NOS.
It took 3 weeks for DOS to update receive of my NOS from the day my embassy sent NOS to DOS.
Now I am waiting for the decision from DOS.It has been my 8 days since they received the NOS from my embassy.
Update me once you saw your update.

Now I can see my sent documents on the web

Thanks to all for the information! My information is also updated on the system. It took mine around 25 days since I sent the documents in. Now I am waiting my consulate's reply back to them.

Hi basiek, the days you mentioned were business days or weekends included?

With weekends, so i guess it wasn't that bad :)
But now i am waitning for the Final approval and I don't know how long will it take to get it.
Hopefully not too long...

The NOS of mine was received on April the 17 and I'm still waiting for the result. I suspect the processing time is varied based on countries we are from, is that true?

J1 waiver pending

My waiver is still pending.
DoS received NOS on April 20th 2009 but I am still waiting for the decision.
It has been almost 8 weeks but I have not received the decision yet.
It is frustrating waiitng..

favorable recommendation letter

So finally my no objection statement has been received by DOS. I was wondering how long it takes to get the result. I will be happy if you can share your experiences.Thanks to all...

Hello, guys,
I am in the same situation. The favorable recommendation was sent June 5, 2009, but I have not received a copy of it in the mail yet. It has been almost 3 weeks and no sign.

Can anyone give me an input?

I am really frustrated right now and do not know what to do.
Thank you so much

favorable recommendation

My favorable recommendation has been issued in about two weeks from the date they got No Objection Statement. Do they mail it by the way ? Does anybody also know how much time it takes or USCIS to finalize?

Hello, guys,
I am in the same situation. The favorable recommendation was sent June 5, 2009, but I have not received a copy of it in the mail yet. It has been almost 3 weeks and no sign.

Can anyone give me an input?

I am really frustrated right now and do not know what to do.
Thank you so much

I had to wait about 4 weeks for the favorable recommendation. But now it's been almost 2 months since i got it and don't know anything about the final approval from uscis. How long can it take :mad: I need to send documents for my GC.

Is there any way to find out what is the status of my case??

My final letter from USCIS came before the letter from DOS in about 3 weeks by regular (USPS) mail. Eventually I also got the letter from DOS.

DoS letter and USCIS final notice

My final letter from USCIS came before the letter from DOS in about 3 weeks by regular (USPS) mail. Eventually I also got the letter from DOS.

Hi rsneeti,

1.How long you had to wait until you received the letter from DoS?
2.Did they mail it as a regular mail or registered mail?
3.What is the content of the letter?
4. How ro check the status of the final waiver with USCIS?

Thank you.

Hi Britz,
My letter from DOS came in about 3 weeks after I saw that my waiver was granted on the USCIS website. It came by regular USPS mail in the same self-addressed envelope that I had mailed to them along with my other material in the beginning of the whole process. The letter said that the DOS had issued a positive recommendation and had forwarded the same to USCIS for a final approval. I have no idea about how to get the information from USCIS. Did you call up DOS and ask them?

DOS letter

Hi Britz,
My letter from DOS came in about 3 weeks after I saw that my waiver was granted on the USCIS website. It came by regular USPS mail in the same self-addressed envelope that I had mailed to them along with my other material in the beginning of the whole process. The letter said that the DOS had issued a positive recommendation and had forwarded the same to USCIS for a final approval. I have no idea about how to get the information from USCIS. Did you call up DOS and ask them?

Hi rsneeti

Did you mean DOS website?