J1 Waiver Job Help

LadyHealthWrker

Hi!

I am a PGY2 resident and looking for a J1 Waiver position in Texas. Are there any recruiting firms and attorneys that can help me through the end to end process of locating a job and doing my paperwork as well in Texas?

Thank you.

The recruiting firms that cater to J1 job seekers are in my never humble opinion frauds, particularly the ones that charge the physician thousands and thousands up front.

Just do your homework. Look up community health centers, track down the administrators, ask about their staffing needs. Call rural hospital physician liasions, at times hospitals will actually set you up with your own practice and pay you a salary.

The administrative steps for the waiver have been described in a sticky at the top of this forum.

Individuals in J-1 are permitted 30 days departure period after the end of their program, during which they are considered to be maintaining J-1 classification and can extend stay or change status. It is correct, however, that the ECFMG will likely not extend J-1 classification for an individual whose home residence requirement has been waived.