J1 waiver - how to apply for H1B - do you need job offer first?

j1waiver_seeker

Registered Users (C)
When you get the J1 Waiver - can you apply for H1B visa before you get a job, or you need a job offer first before applying for H1B.

Secondly, after getting a J1 waiver, can you stay in the USA after graduation whilst looking for a job, then apply for H1B?

Thirdly, can you work before you get H1B visa?

Thanks for your attention

J1 waiver wont come without a job offer.

I think is very straight forward, to get your J1 waiver, you have to get a sponsor who is offering a minimum of 40 hs/ week job in a medical underserved area.
I dont understand how come you are awaiting your j1 waiver without a job offer??:confused:

I think is very straight forward, to get your J1 waiver, you have to get a sponsor who is offering a minimum of 40 hs/ week job in a medical underserved area.
I dont understand how come you are awaiting your j1 waiver without a job offer??:confused:

you can get a j1 waiver for several reasons, like if you dont want to return to your home country for fear of persecution, or if you have a no oobjection statement from your gvt (and your education wasnt funded by the US govt). tunder those circumstances you dont need a job offer first - you just apply for the waiver first.