J1 waiver approved today

neel271

Registered Users (C)
IGA physician request by IGA (03/07/06)
DOS appoval (03/20/06)
USCIS received date 04/07/06-VSC
USCIS notice date 04/18/06-VSC
H1B receipt date 06/08/06-vsc (reg processing)
Self request for expedite processing of waiver to VSC 06/09/06
Denial letter for expedite process of waiver 06/16/06
H1B notice date 06/19/06-vsc
National customer serv ctr phone enquiry (due to >60 days of IGA waiver pending) 06/22/06-- officer requested VSC via computerized system.
USCIS waiver approved online email notice 06/28/06

hope this helps someone.

yes, i have registered as a customer.

you can try expedite processing via your employer as it has been more than 6 months now.

also call customer serv for enquiry, if its not hardship waiver they can do a computer request on ur behalf.

make ur h1b premium.

thanks.

I called customer service several times, no help at all. Only one time, a lady told me to write a letter to VSC. I sent out the letter two weeks ago, no response so far. How can you get them to do computer request for you? I am so frustrated now, my J1 visa will expire within in 1 month.

my case:
DOS appoval (01/3/06)
USCIS received date 03/31/06-VSC
USCIS notice date 04/4/06-VSC
H1B receipt date 04/19/06-vsc (reg processing)
H1B notice date 04/25/06-vsc
USCIS waiver not approved yet

J1 waiver. I am working as a visiting fellow in a national institute now.

Is it the 1 800 375 5283 nuber you called?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it based on State Health Dept, VA, DRA, ARC, HHS etc

Also u can tell the officer there that the time line for NON HARDSHIP WAIVERS is suggested to be 60 days on the website and if the customer doesnt hear from USCIS then he/she is supposed to call cust serv ctr. And in ur case its already been over 2 months now.

Hi,
I could you please tell me how do you make customer service do computer request for you.I spend a whole day to call, ask them do this for me. But they only tell me to send a fax expedite request.

Vivi

Today I received the letter from the VSC in response to my computer inquiry/request that was submitted by the representative. The letter says "thanks for the inquiry. Case under consideration. Presently we are processing I-612 from January 2006 and your was received with us in april 2006. So be patient and wait atleast 90 days (3 months) for the time to become current for such kind of cases. (USCIS doesnt realize that January 2006 in VSC is the timeline for the hardship waivers, not the IGA waivers!!)

You may try this since ur case was sent to them in January. Just ask the representative to submit an inquiry on your behalf.

Also yesterday I have the received the response to my expedite request saying that it doesnt meet the criteria for the expedite request. The request has to directly come from the government/employer not the beneficiary, in addition to meeting other criteria.

It is radiculous.You have got J1 waiver approved. They still sent you this kind of message. Seems like you got approval is not because of your expedite request.

If this helps, I received my USCIS approval exactly on the 60th day after USCIS received the recommendation from DOS (Health agency based waiver). I wanted to call the center but checked my email before...and there it was...They also updated my online case file at the same time.

Maybe it helps if you have your employer check on your behalf. If the waiver is not based on hardship or persecution, you should have your answer by now. Put a little pressure on...

patricma,
is your waiver request by a state health agency, if so which state and how long did the whole process take, from submission to state health agency to final approval?