I sent out the application on March 5, 2007

Department of State
Everything except the No Objection Statement received on March 21, 2007
No Objection Statement Received on March 23, 2007
Recommendation Sent on April 24, 2007

Homeland Security
Recommendation received on April 25, 2007
Waiver issued on April 27, 2007

The entire process from sending out the application to receiving the waiver took about 9-10 weeks. Before that, I applied for the NOS in early February. So in total, it took me 13-14 weeks to get rid of the home residence requirement.

Hi

Congrats on getting waiver. I hav a question for u. I checked my status today and i hav recieved favorable recommendations frm Dos on May 9th. Do they send any mail at phyical address confirming that they hav sent recommendations to homeland security for further action on the application????

Also I wanna know, as u mentioned homeland recieved recommendations very next day frm DOS, is this also going to be mentioned on the same 'check ur status' page of Dos website where we check it by entering our case no.????

Thanks

DJ

Conratulations................

I remember u helped me a lot when I was sending my documents to India.

Do they send any mail at phyical address confirming that they hav sent recommendations to homeland security for further action on the application????
Yes, they do.

Also I wanna know, as u mentioned homeland recieved recommendations very next day frm DOS, is this also going to be mentioned on the same 'check ur status' page of Dos website where we check it by entering our case no.????
No it won't be on the DOS website. DOS is done with the case by the time it sends the recommendation. The receipt date is on the waiver itself.

Hi,
Congrates on getting the approval. I am starting my process now and would like to know what forms do I fill send to India. Ince I am in CA the SFO consulate is closest to me but they dont have any info about wavier appliaction on their website...

Can anyone please guide.

Thanks
Neelesh

Thanks for quick reply. The day ur status showed 'favorable recommendations sent'.....from that date,how many days it took u to recieve the waiver at ur postal address?

actually i m in some problem. My status showed 'favorable recommendations sent' on May 9th. I dont know wats the next procedure but my adress with Dos in not valid anymore and currently i m in India. I cant recieve any mails sent to my Us address. I will be back to US on 23rd but I think i cant recieve any mails.

Do u have any suggestions for me? or cud u advise wat date u recieved waiver at ur address after favorable recommendations???

quick response is appreciated. Thanks

Dheeraj

Can you please tell me when did the 'recommendation sent' appeared online?
You mentioned that it was issued on 9th may. Did it appear on the same day? or two days after that?

I am yet to get anything, My NOS was received on 20th March and still it is pending. I am going crazy. I have viewed at least 5 cases who received NOS on the same day or on March 23rd got recommendation on April 24th and May 4th etc. Mine is still sitting there.

I co applied for advisory opinion and they said it is 'subject'. Fine, but i donno if co applying for advisory opinion delays the process.

Thanks

hey Loxias ,

Congrts, What country are you from???

I have send my documents on 23th April, and they are showing my their website on 11th may . they are being or trying to slow??? i dont understand. IS ther any way to get things done asaf????

Nirav

I'm from China and I live in Canada. Homeland security sent out the waiver on April 27 and I received it on May 7. Sorry I don't know how to expedite it.

Sri

I dont think my recommendation process was anyway faster than anyone. But i m printing it here if it is of any help to u.

Department of State Decision: Favorable Recommendation

Item Action Date
Recommendation Sent May 09, 2007
No Objection Statement Received March 07, 2007
Fee Received December 29, 2006
Form DS-3035 Received December 29, 2006
Form DS-2019 Received December 29, 2006
Passport Data Page Received December 29, 2006
Letter of Representation Received December 29, 2006
Statement Of Reason Received December 29, 2006

DJ

Should I apply for waiver, and send a request to my Amassy for NOL in the same day? Or should I wait, and ask for NOL, when I'll get information that US Department of State wants that?

J1 waiver time frame

The J1 waiver status on website shows "Pending" as of today:

I filed for waiver on Feb 27th....
Indian Embassy sent me a copy of No objection certificate on March 9th.

On DOS website the dates are:

No objection recvd March 29
Fee recvd Mar 23
Statement of reason recvd. March 23
all other documents recvd. March 23

I still have not got my waiver. Anyone knows how much time it will take.

Time line!

I spoke to the DOS (Public Inquiries Division at 202-663-1225, press 1 and then 0 if you want to speak to a representative) today. I was told that it is taking 4-8 weeks for "favorable recommendation" and then another 3-6 weeks for USCIS approval letter. It can be lot faster if you are fortunate and everything is straight forward. Please remember that DOS also has to do the security/ background check.

Good luck!

OncologyUs

Applied to Conrad 30 program: March 01, 2007
Conrad 30 program sent approval on: April 12, 2007
DOS J1 waiver application completed: April 20, 2007
Favorable recommendation sent (DOS wbsite): May 14, 2007
Copy of favorable recommendation letter from DOS: awaited.
USCIS J1 waiver letter: Awaited