J1 waiver and GC based on spouse's I-140 filing

sujitm

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I have the GC. My spouse was on J1 visa and is undergoing the J1 waiver requirement of 3 year service in a medically undeserved area (MUA). She was included in my I-140 filing. I hear that upon completion of the J1 waiver requirement, when we file for her GC, she does not need to start from scratch - labor cert, I-140 and I-485. Rather she can use my I-140 filing and directly file for I-485. Is this correct? If so, what documentation do I need from my GC process? Will the I-140 application package be good enough?

Thanks

Hi,

I have the GC. My spouse was on J1 visa and is undergoing the J1 waiver requirement of 3 year service in a medically undeserved area (MUA). She was included in my I-140 filing. I hear that upon completion of the J1 waiver requirement, when we file for her GC, she does not need to start from scratch - labor cert, I-140 and I-485. Rather she can use my I-140 filing and directly file for I-485. Is this correct? If so, what documentation do I need from my GC process? Will the I-140 application package be good enough?

Thanks

yes you are right, You need to file I485 for here with copy from your approved I140, gc, .......................... when she cleared from the j requirement