J1 w/waiver 485 H-1B

fatboyslim

Hi Guys,

I just got the waiver for my J1. I am about to file 140 NIW, but yesterday Eb2 is current.

so my question is can I file 140/485 at first, and H1B later on?

I know it is ideal to get a H-1B at first. but I am afraid the eb2 will be backlogged again in Sep 07.

Any input will be appreciated.

AOS and H1B are not related and are two independent processes. You can apply for AOS first.

You may want to file NIW I-140 and I-485 as soon as possible. Now the EB2 and EB3 visa numbers will be current beginning from July 1, 2007, but many applicants are all filing or prepare to file their I-140s and I-485s at this time. So, it is expected that the immigration visa number may be retrogressed again in this year Septempber or at the end of this year.

Now is the good time to file I-485 application. These is no need to wait for you H1b visa application. But just remember that you can file I-485 now does not mean you will not be affected later by the potential visa number retrogression.

For more deatiled analysis of the EB visa number and potential retrogression later, please see "Potential Quick Retrogression of EB Visa Numbers Before End of FY 2007" at www.greencardapply.com/news/news07/news07_0620.htm

VectorP
www.greencardapply.com
www.greencardfamily.com