j1 visa renewal

wedyan

dear all,

am phd student having J1 VISA ,, AM NOW in the US and my visa will expired soon,, i have only one year more to get gradauted and i want to renew my visa , any one could advice if i can do the visa extend while am in the states note that am from jordan ? and if this is possible , where i must go to do that,, provided that i did renew the DS2019 FORM , and what documents i need to prepare in order to extend my visa if that possible to be done.

please advice

dear all,

am phd student having J1 VISA ,, AM NOW in the US and my visa will expired soon,, i have only one year more to get gradauted and i want to renew my visa , any one could advice if i can do the visa extend while am in the states note that am from jordan ? and if this is possible , where i must go to do that,, provided that i did renew the DS2019 FORM , and what documents i need to prepare in order to extend my visa if that possible to be done.

please advice

You can extend the DS while you are here in US without traveling abroad. You can not extend the visa stamp in the passport whie you are in US and you have to go outside the US to obtain new visa stamp if you want. The stamp itself has nothing to do with your legal stay if you have valid unexpired DS.

Yes, there is no need for you to renew the visa as long as you have a valid DS-2019 that is not expired and you have no plans of visiting outside during the period of DS 2019. Visa is only an entry document for entering US.