j1 to hib

j1fish

Registered Users (C)
hi j1 victims and fellas with experience

i am a physician on j1. got a waiver state job approved. waiting for all the paperwork. have to apply for h1.

? 1. any idea about the h1 cap, when is that going to be reached.

?2. in case if cap is reached before i get it, and i wait for sep/oct. my j1 expires in june end if i dont get a fellowship, will i still be in status since my h1 papers are pending?

?3. right now i have multiple entry visa. can i travel out of the country when my h1 is being processed.

too many ? :( . replies are very much appreciated. thanks.

happy new year to all.

why r u waiting to apply for H u donot have to wait for the final approval from state department/BCIS apply for H asap they r 2 different processes.
Hope this helps

agree with kidsdoc.

your questions:

? 1. any idea about the h1 cap, when is that going to be reached.

............ late jan or early feb

?2. in case if cap is reached before i get it, and i wait for sep/oct. my j1 expires in june end if i dont get a fellowship, will i still be in status since my h1 papers are pending?

........... u will be out of status, but not illegal. this question is mentioned at pederson and freedman's website under J1 FAQs.

(refer to kidsdoc's reply for the solution)

?3. right now i have multiple entry visa. can i travel out of the country when my h1 is being processed.

........ Yes u may. but NOT advised.
if the Immigration officer at POE stamps your passport with a definite date (like the date of expiry of your IAP-66) and not d/s, then you will have to leave US on that date EVEN IF your H1 is pending.

u may email me at j1victim (at) yahoo dot com
disclaimer: personal opinion only.

thank you

thank you so much kids doc and ji victim.

i appreciate your valuable info. keep posting replies.....and advice me.

- j1fish

u r always welcome please post ur queries if u have any about J1 waiver etc will be happy to share our experince and try to help out

i will be glad to help

hi: I am also on h1, visa I used to have J1. Anything that I can help with I will be happy to answer.

J1 Waiver to H1B question please Help!

Current Information:

I am US Citizen. My Wife (who is Physician doing residency on J1 visa) got J1 Waiver job based on State Department of health (Conrad/State 30) in medically under served area.

1 - US department of state has been approved the J1 waiver and made a favorable recommendation to USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services).

2 - USCIS has made a final recommendation for J1 waiver approval on March 15th, 2004 and notify us to contact your local Immigration office to obtain H1B Visa and she need to join her J1 Waiver job within 90 days of this notice as they mention in this notice.

3 – She will complete her residency training on 30th June 2004 , which is passed 90 days and also apply for state medical license which will again take 2 to 5 weeks.

Questions?

1 - She need to apply for H1 B visa, what forms she need to fill and any other procedures she needs to follow?

2 - There is a 90-day limit to start her waiver job, but her residency will be done on June 30th 2004, and also apply for state medical license which is after 90 day limit?

3 - I am US Citizen is she still need to complete 3 years on her J1 Waiver job?

Please answer those question, I will be very thank full to you.