J1 to EAD

paam0101

Registered Users (C)
If everything goes well, my wife (she is on H4 right now) will be appearing for the matching process in 2009. I am in employment based EB2 category and my I-140 is approved but waiting to file I-485.

My question is realted to J1 transfer to GC
e.g.
If I don't get my I-485 filed by 2009 (since its retrogated) and if my wife gets a J1 for time being and she joins residency and in the mean time I am eligible to apply for I-485, can she get her green card too?? or once she transfers to J1 she can not even apply I-485 until the J1 expires.

Also do you suggest to wait to apply for matching process unltil we apply for her I-485 and EAD? My I-140 is December 2006 and looks like in EB2 the current date is April 04. Not sure how many years will it take for us to become eligible??

Thank you!!

If she takes a separate J1 then she will be subject to 2 yr requirement and will have to find a separate waiver at the end of her residency. ( before she is eligible for green card as ur dependent)
If she can get a H1B for her residency then she can get her green card/ work permit as soon as u are eligible.

Physicians and residents,

Stuck in retrogression, processing delays?

If you're interested in a special interest group, please visit Immigration Voice where a few physicians and residents are in the process of forming a think-tank

Visit http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4817
Requires free signing up. You are encouraged to come forward and connect with "paskal" and "mhb" and other physician members.

Thanking immigrationportal.com in advance for being able to communicate this message.