J1 Pending processing

satishky_yadav

Registered Users (C)
Hi
I have attended J1 Visa interview at US consulate chennai on 5th Set 2008. I have been given pink slip (221g). I have sent the duly filled questionnaire in txt format the very next day and there after my status on the consulate web was pending process. Now on 31 oct it has again changed to "RESPOND TO QUESTIONNAIRE" what to do. Does any body faced the same problem. Pl help
Satish

Hi,

Sorry to hear your problem. I can imagine that it must be very annoying.

I also applied for J1 visa at New Delhi Consulate and was asked to fill out the questionare, which I did the same day and until now I have pending administrative processing. I have no experience of this sort and actually haven't read about it in any other forum, but I would suggest you to call the embassy and ask them about it. One can only assume reasons for this kind of problem, perhaps they have misplaced your file, although I hope not. I been through several forums and many times I have read people complaining about the Chennai Consulate. I hope that you will get some answer from them.

Good Luck!
Dazzy

dear all
I called up chennai consulate they have told me that the mail of my filled in SAO questionnaire has not reached them, so I should send it again which I have done. Now my case will start a fresh and it is going to take its usual time. I can't do any thing but to wait. I don't know how this happens. My case was "pending process" for nearly 7weeks.
Satish Kumar

Hi Satish,

Sorrry to hear this.
I can imagine that it msut be very frustating for you, but keep your calm. As I said earlier that Chennai Consulate usually have more problems.
Do you remember that when you mailed them earlier did you receive any confirmation email stating that they received your files. I did receive this and that is why I am asking. In case you did, then you can tell them this.

Dazzy

Hi
I sent them this on 6th September 2008. I didn't received any confirmation but my status had changed from Respond to questionnaire to pending process at that time. therefore I took it as they have received my mail. This time when I have sent it on 1st Nov I got an auto reply. But when I called costumer service they asked me to sent it to ChennaiNIV mail instead to chennaiSAO mail. Now I have sent it and confirmed over telephone. They have received it. Now my only hope is they do it faster.
Satish

Hi Satish,

That was perhaps the problem. It is better idea to send them at NIV address. I had mailed my files to both their addresses.
I also hope that they do it faster..keep your calm because miracles do happen.

Good Luck!
Dazzy