J1 married to resident with pending naturalization

nfiniti

Registered Users (C)
I'm a resident with a pending application for naturalization..the application was put in march 2005..and my fingerprinting was done april 29 (very quick)...my wife's J1 visa expires in september 2005. and I estimate my naturalization interview to be about october-november.....would there be a problem for her if she stays in the country btw september and november

visa or status? Visa is stamped in the passport, expiration date is irrelevant to those in the States already. DS-2019 - status, expiration date is very important. She has a 30 days grace period after the expiration date on her DS-2019 to change status, programs, or leave the US.

and if she is a J-1 student, is she going to apply for academic practical training?

is she a subject to home residency requirement?

She's not subject to home residency requirement...
The thing is i'm estimating my citizenship interview is going to be sometime in october-november..my fingerprints were taken one week ago.. and her 30 day grace period ends last week of september....my thing is should she stay the extra month or 2 in the us till my citizenship comes thru and i put in the petition....or should she go home for that 1 or 2 months?????? will uscis say anything about that 1 or 2 extra months...thanks